I used to live in a house that had lots of mice. when we moved out of the house i had a large puss/blood filled bump on the back of my leg. Ive had this for maybe 3/4 of a year now. Im really scared. At first, i had one every now and then, now i have them every day.. Its getting worse, the bumps are getting bigger. I have small ones too.. and all of them hurt when i sit down or walk. Once i have them, i have to wait a day to drain it and then it drains once a day for maybe 3 days and then it starts to heal. It drains lots of puss and blood. Once it starts to heals, it gets a scab on it that itches. And it leaves like a purple mark where the bump was. Eventually the scar goes away. If you have any idea what this might be.. please tell me! Im only 17 and im really scared about what it is.

Hey gabrielles, forget what they said about a blood disease. When you drain the bumps, do they turn purple and dry scab over? This is what is called folliculitis doing with the hair folicles, it is very common, most people are embarrasses to talk about it. What happens is it is basically an infected ingrown hair that doesnt reach the tip of the pore to release any of the puss and plasma and blood. Sometimes they get really big and they are not even visible because they are hidden in or around skin like the thighs and bottocks. They can appear around the pubic region as well. Just avoid shaving in the area around where they occur. Also shower on a daily basis and dont wear dirty clothing. Another thing that promotes the growth is breading of bacteria which can be cause of severe sweating if you live in humid climate. Avoid bare skin contact with toilet seats always use a seat gaurd. Wash your hands after drainng the fluid the bacteria in the fluid carries hsv the bacteria that breads the herpes simplex virus, no, you dont have herpes. This is very common, if you have excess weight that can also contribute to this dealing with the breading of bacteria b excessive sweating. You can certainly get on an antibiotic to help rid of this. Chances are you have wide open pores, in which is just another risk factor for these skin problems. You may get back to me if you have any questions. -Genavive Sharapova M.D.

sorry to bring up an old topic but i think i have this same problem, its very embarrassing the bumps are on my back also(could that still mean this is the same disorder(my sex life is down the drain im 6'5 265 lbs im not sure if this has anything to do with it..... anyone know what antibiotics to get prescribed?

i have a blood filled bump on my inner thigh. it is not filled with pus just blood. it rubs up against my pants and bothers me when i walk. it has been there for a couple days now it seems far under my skin.

Yeah i have to same problem with the large bump on my butt it is scary i dont have a clue what it is and how to get rid of it....its been there for awhile now like a year or two and i cant find anything to get rid of it. I Take shower daily and im a pretty clean guy but i think mine is a massive ingrown hair that just wont come out and i got a couple of them but not as big. I am a hairy guy and yeah i got hair on my buttocks and I dont know how to get rid of it and how to get rid of my hair without getting ingrown hairs and keep it off for a long period of time.?

This helped alot, I commonly get these zit-like bumbs around my pubic area, and on my butt and upper thigh. most are small ones that don't bother me, but right now i have this huge one thats like an half an inch around and at least a full centimeter tall. they usually spit out a bit of puss, but after that they just bleed. im hoping that what i have is what was mentioned before because i am slightly overweight and a growing teenage girl who shaves.

oh my godness thank you i have been freaking out about this and i somtimes put wendex on it.....

could be pionidal cyst

Well my sister has that on back of her thigh. They look really bad and im worried about her. They are huge! You can even feel them over the jeans. She says it hurts when she sits down or even walk! We have no clue what it is. Shes scared that it has to do with HIV since she was at risk a few months ago.
She always messes with the bumps, and one day, she squeezed a huge one, and a lot of blood came out with some white stuff which i believe was puss. She kept squeezing it and a lot more came out, it looked gooey. Do you guys knoe anything about this?

I would like to encourage you to go to google and enter skin abscess (known as boils) browse the information on google and search out for an answer. This website medicinenet.com/boils/article.htm gave me diffrent causes the skin abscess (know as boils). I have this problem as well and I am seeking a cure. After reviewing the information at the link listed. I have found a reasonable logical answer to what this skin irritation might be. I too have had to cut and drain some blood and puss from some of these bumps.

**reviewed by moderator**

I have them on the inside of my thigh by my bikini area, and they are on top of my stretch marks as im pregnant. i do think it could be an ingrowing hair, i had one the other night and it was rubbing espesh with my jeans and im getting warm due to the pregnancy so i held a hot flanel on it and then pierced it with a pin and blood and puss came out of it, but it was very creamy. had a few of them, plan of action i think is to use hair removal cream, keep hair at a minimum and see if they dissappear!

I havent long had them, but hope what ive said helps anyone. I would say its an ingrowing hair cos i do get them quite often as i got tough skin and im dark haired so the hair doesnt quite get through the skin!

I too have been getting these bumps recently but they grow in one at a time. When one does grow it slowly fills with puss and becomes very painful after a few days the last one was on my elbow, which had become swollen and so sensitive that I could not apply pressure to elbow. When I burst them puss and blood drains out for a day then as it heals a small scab covers the hole. My skin peels a circle like a ring-worm but with out the bumps just my dried-out skin and it turns purple too. Is there any sollution to this?

I have been getting these bumps for 12 years. My first one appeared in my pubic region when I was pregnant for my first child. That is how I found out I was pregnant, I went to a med center because of that huge bump. They hurt so bad, when I have one I can barely stand to walk depending where it is. That doctor and a few subsequent doctors told me it is either an abscess, or an ingrown hair. The trouble I have believing it is an ingrown hair is I have been getting them long enough to know that whenever I get one, I am somewhere in my cycle. Pregnant or right before or after my meses. I do not always have them but often enough. My pubic area is so scarred up with those purplish scars I can never wear a swimsuit. I do feel better knowing other people have had these, but I wish I knew exactly what they were and how to prevent them.

Type in

MRSA

in wikipedia it mite help

I have the same problem since almost 4 years and its the same i have them on my butt and in the pubic area. Some are small but i recetly got a big one on my butt which burst and pour out a little and a lot of blood. I believe that MRSA is the cause of it. Cause I've been in hospitals for long and my skin has been sensitive since birth. Antibiotics dont work. Nothing does. Im 16 and my life is hell especially when today it burst in skul and i had to stay in the washroom :'( I hope it gets cured

I'm wondering what it is too. Around a week ago I got a bump on my butt and it hurts when I sit and walk too. I just put up with it for a while but two days ago I decided to mess with it a bit. I popped it and quite a bit of blood came out with a little bit of gooey white stuff, though it doesnt look like any puss I've ever seen. Its thicker than normal blood. The bump is hot. It's really weird and I'm kinda scared because I don't really have the option to visit a doctor except the one at my college.