My friend and I recently returned from a vacation in South Beach, Miami and erupted in an itchy rash primarily on our arms and shoulders. It was also present, yet not as severe, on our legs, knees, and feet. After going to the doctor, we were both prescribed pretnasone. After reading about the drug, I decided not to take it. My friend just finished her prescription.

It is 10 days later and the rash has changed and is now centralized on my elbows, lower arms and hands. There are still residual bumps on the upper arm and shoulder area, but they no longer itch. The newer bumps on my hands and elbows itch terribly. My friend's bumps have also lessened in severity, but after finishing her medication, we are still in about the same place.

I have researched all possible causes, and can not figure it out. I have looked extensively at scabies, sea swimmers eruption, rat mites, and bed bug bites. The symptoms and appearance of my rash just doesn't match anything I have found.

-a few appeared on feet and legs in Miami, but over a hundred appeared on arms about three days after we got home
-they are on the outer elbow but not the inner.
-they are scattered and in some places appear in clusters and rows of 2, 3, and 5
-they started appearing on upper arms and shoulders and over the course of 10 days have moved to lower arms. Upper arms are scarred but no longer itchy. -1 or 2 spread to outer cheek during initial outbreak
-the bumps are now on my hands and fingers...but not in the webs
-heat agitates the itching
-treating with fresh aloe, tea tree oil, zyrtec and benadryl, caladryl gel. Took 1 dose (60mg) of pretnasone and then stopped. Awaiting follow-up appointment with doc, but they have no clue what it is either.

What the heck is it and how do I make it stop?

I think I have the same thing. I went to Rome and my last day there I got some bites on my forehead and on my hands. I got home and after a week they where going away until about two nights ago I woke up at 6:30AM and saw that my hands had at least 40 bites on them in all and know its moved up to my elbows. If anyone knows what this might be please

I had something very similar on my return from a trip abroad. I am allergic to dust mites and at first thought it may be that, by why now, I asked myself and it was different from any other time and seems to now happen randomly. The rash sometimes appears in different areas and sometimes vanishes as fast as it appears. I seem to be constantly itchy now, with many different types of rash occurring and wonder if it is some new kind of mite, which has not been diagnosed before. It is driving me up the wall and I am going to return to the doctors a third time, with different types of rashes. What I find strange, is the amount of different reports of different and new types of rashes, that seem to be a result of something parasitic to humans, yet the accounts are all quite similar to my symptoms, yet slightly different.

Where my symptoms are very similar, the other thing I have noticed about a lot of these sorts of medical cases, is that often the doctors people such as myself are in contact with do not/cannot help much, do not know what the diagnosis is and patients are often left to ask for certain tests themselves and I am starting to wonder how well trained some doctors practicing are, or if it is simply a case that we truly are getting super-bugs etc, that doctors do not know anything about, or if it is a case that medical training and health sector money are thin on the ground in the West.