Hi, so i'm a 16 year old girl and for the past 2 months or so i've been getting these strange bumps on the backs of my legs. at first they started out as no big deal on the back of my right thigh. i can't remember how itchy or painful they were at first, but i occasionally put cooling cotizone gel on them. they started to get a little worse and since it's summer, they would become more visible since i was wearing shots, so i started to make sure i scrubbed the back of my thigh with body wash and i used an acne scrub on it. i only did this on my right leg, since my left leg seemed to be fine. soon, it spread to my left leg, but still not as bad as the right. and now it occasionally pops up on the front of my thighs. i don't think it's contagious really, because it hasn't spread to anywhere on my body besides my thighs. the bumps are really strange too. they start out itchy, but they don't constantly itch (once they start, they itch like crazy though. like if you itch a bug bite once, you can't stop itching it) then they turn sort of pimple like. they feel like a pimple that you know is going to be big, like there's alot of puss under the surface of the bump. they get a tiny white head at one point, but never actually pop except a teeny tiny amount of liquid. some bumps are much bigger than others and some leave a scar for a while before finally going away. i haven't found anything that stops them from popping up, but sometimes they'll go away completely for a couple of days, then they always end up coming back. tonight i think it's the worst they've ever been. my legs look disgusting and i'm embarrassed to wear shorts in public. i plan on going to the doctor soon, but everytime i've made an appointment before, they're cleared up right before i go. has anyone else had this problem? i cannot find anything that can help it and i've tried alot. i really don't think it could be bed bugs or flea bites or anything, because it doesn't show up anywhere besides my thighs. if someone can, please help me.

They might be molluscoms I'm not sure how to spell it, I had them they spread so quickly especially in water! Once the have gone they will leave a scar which will be the shape of it. They are itchy just keep it cool and put something cold on it but not for long, it worked for me.
Hope it helps

I atually have this myself. same exact symptoms as you have said. im 17 and have had them since june. only from my knees to thghs. it started on my left calve and spread to my right one and worked its way up. but now iits just my thighs. if anyone an give me a definite solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, I'm 45 and i get those too. I thought I was the only one but mine are exactly as you described. Did you ever find out what this was?

I hate this website. I read so many posts of issues but never read about any solutions for my similar ailments.

yeah exactly the same symptoms only it has started on my right knee and is moving up and down my legs. they itch like crazy does anyone no what to put on it?

try a cool flannel, it could be heat rash? Am having a similar reaction i applied antibiotic cream and it went away, next day it was back and i didnt want to use antibiotic cream regularly so i experimented, i placed cold flannel on it o.O as soon as it stings and itches, then it wont be bad, i also tried a cold bath as soon as i notice it but dont scratch Just use a flannel and rub it softly, it should go away. Hope this helps.

Question I believe I have something similar . I recently got a pimple on my lower left leg . Had it for a week and it gt bigger filled with pus , went from a dot to a dime size . Is This A Pimple ? Plus it Itches , and Looks Like A Bruise On The Outside . Help !

i have them too but it comes and goes, they are near my girly parts on the inside of my leg!! i dont know what to do1!

This sounds like the same problem I have but mine started on my stomach then thighs arms and legs. All I can find that helps is the cortisone. It does seem to be spreading. I will go to the doctor next week and see what they can tell me. I will let everyone know.

I have something like this and I'm 15. It's spread onto the back of my right leg in little spots but my left leg has this massive one it's about 2 inches both ways. I'm thinking of consulting a doctor because it itches like CRAZY! And I thought it just might be some type of late puberty thing but it's not and I've been freaking out! It's coming close to spring in NZ and I've been applying Dettol Antiseptic Cream to it for about a month and it's very very slowly clearing up but it just looks awful!

i once was like that too. Have the exactly same symtomps . A lot of itchy bumps at back of my legs. And cant stop itching it, until it starting to erupt some strange transparent liquid, not smelly. My mother use to put on some cream, but not work. Then she use other alternatif, she took sort like torch, but i think its medical torch. then she burnt the top of it and she put it on my back of leg for a second. It feels good, for a moment you feel not to itch your leg. But then it comes back. Then my father who is a real genius i think, telling me to stop consuming food contains aspartame. Aspartame is a sugar, search at google if you dont know. and it works, it dont feel itchy although its still have bumps all Over. So at last i decided to eat as less sugar as i can, and drink a lot of water, finally it gones. note : sometimes the bumps occur if i eat too much sugar. 

I have taken garlic capsule & probiotic for some period. They help.

Get Tested For CeliacDisease:) Research Celiacs And Dermatitis Herpaformis

It's a Staph infection. I also have this and I have had it in the past too and went to the doctor so this is how I know. Usually it does not go away on it's own, you have to get an antibioitic. Sometimes it will go away on it's own though if you apply hot compresses to the area several times a day and wash the area down several times a day with hot water and soap. And if there are open sores pour hydrogen peroxide in. Make sure you change your clothes and bed sheets frequently and clean anything you lay on or sit on frequently.