One week ago I have noticed red and itchy rash on skin behind my ears and on the scalp. I went to dermatologist and he diagnosed me with seborrhea dermatitis. I would like to know more about this. What is the treatment for it? Thanx

Seborrhea dermatitis is a common skin disorder and it's easily treated, but it's not just skin dryness. The signs of seborrhea dermatitis are red and itchy rash seen most on the scalp, eyebrows, eyelids, sides of the nose, on skin behind the ear. The rash and the redness of the skin can be seen also on navel, buttocks, skin folds under the arms, breasts. Seborrhea is excessive oiliness of the skin, especially of the scalp and face, without redness or scaling. However, patients with seborrhea may later develop seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis has both, redness and scaling. Seborrheic dermatitis may occur in patients with diseases of the nervous system, such as Parkinson’s disease and also in patients recovering from stressful medical conditions, such as a heart attack. Seborrhea dermatitis can get better on its own but the condition improves quickly with regular treatments. Seborrhea dermatitis can't be prevented or cured but it can be controlled with treatment. Patients can use a medicated shampoo and a stronger corticosteroid preparation in treatment of seborrhea dermatitis.

I have suffered with seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp, a severe case, for 5 years...
I have tried everything topical from steroids to many many shampoos, all of which either worsened the condtion, or was just a temporary bandaid to the problem. 14 doctors later, I have realized this disease needed to be treated from the inside out...the only thing that has helped me personally is a potent liquid/vitamin/mineral supplement called VIBE by Eniva...2 ounces a day helped me so much that I decided to become a distributor..check out pics on my website of my scalp and give Vibe a try, it might save you the 5 years of headaches I have delt with this horrible disease!...

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed **

Scott