I'm looking for help finding a specialist who is more than just "a little vaguely familiar with" Q Fever and post viral fatigue. The past three years have been filled with some of the nicest doctors one could ever hope to have - along with more absolute frustration than I would ever wish on anyone.

Long story in a nutshell :
Tick bite = Q Fever
Undiagnosed = 3 months
Treatment started after 3 months = Doxycycline and Rifampin
Doxycycline and Rifampin = severe allergy
Treatment changed = Cipro for 2-4 years
Treatment taken = 1 year (-/+ month )
Cipro = rare reaction = aseptic menegitis
Treatment = stop Cipro/total of 3 lumbar punctures
Currently = not much different
Request = Help please in finding a doctor who is TRULY familiar with Q Fever and it's long-reaching ramifications.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

DR IAN JENNINS ROYAL MELBOURNE HOSPITAL AUSTRALIA VICTORIA

Hi - I was diagnosed with Q-Fever in the mid 80s. Initially my GP referred me to a local consultant who conducted a biopsy on one of the skin lesions it caused. I was then prescribed steroids which made me feel ill and did nothing to alleviate the symptoms.

I was then referred to a world expert in the disease at a London skin Hospital (Brompton) - who prescribed Zovirax. The drug alleviated the symptoms but trashed my immune system and left me totally exhausted.

I then decided to see a homeopath who worked with me for the next couple of years. We found a remedy that suited me and I started to see results very quickly. Each subsequent 'attack' became weaker. I haven't had any obvious symptoms for the past 10 years and have a fairly robust immune system too. I can't tell you what my remedy is - you will have to see a specialist homeopath and work with her/him to find what YOUR constitutional remedy is. Good Luck!