In July of 06 I came down with what was determined to be both CMV virus and mono. I find it hard to believe I had mono also as I did not have any swollen glands or sore throat but my blood tests confimred I was positive for both.
It took me what seemed like forever to recover (3-4 weeks of feeling sick and slight fever, fatigue and pain in back of legs, slight nausea) but I eventually came to feeling better after about 1 month. It has been almost 1 month since I have been feeling fine and now I have what feels like pain/ a burning sensation in back of my left leg only to the side where the thigh is and also I cannot get warm. I am always cold and my temperature doesn't go above 97.8 it seems according to my thermomoter. Other that that I feel pretty good except I get tired easier it seems and I lack some energy despite excersizing more regualrly since my illness. Is it possible I have some sort of post viral syndrome or another medical condition like thyroid problems. My doctor wanted me to go to an infectious disease specialist to find out why I had gotten both viruses but I deemed this unecessary as I am tired of blood tests and it is costing me a fortune as my insurance isn't that good. So needlesss to say I do not want more blood tests unless absolutely necessary but maybe I will have to go to this specialist anyway.

the pain/burning in your thigh is a common occurance with herpes virus (cmv is in the herpes family). i would like to know if cmv symptons reaccure years later?

I have been diagnosed with the same viruses, I also took the same amount of time to start to feel better. I had the low grade fever for three weeks and I am always cold now. But my new thing is that I have been having pain in my back and in the side of my neck. I haven't been able to get any answers.

I was diagnosed with mono and a week later my cryomegally test came back positive. What the heck?? Now that I've been reading online it scares me. Says it's part of the herpes family. I'm not even sexually active??? How could I have gotten this? I ran 102 - 103 fevers for 2 weeks and then low fever like 99.3. I am feeling much better now.Where does this virus come from