Hello, up until about 3 months ago I was an average, healthy, careless 19 year old teenager. But during that time I got really involved in the NHL playoffs to the point where i would start yelling and screaming and feel like it was the end of the world when my team lost a game. For those of you who follow hockey, I am a NJ Devils fan, so that brought me all the way through the middle of June to the Stanley Cup. Anyways my anxiety levels seemed to go through the roof because of this, and it began to take a toll on my health. I started having chest tightness for about a month. I went to the cardiologist who ran an EKG, Echocardiogram, stress test, and a 4 hour blood glucose test. Everything came back normal. He did prescribe metroprolol, which I took once and it sent me to the hospital. Towards the end of June, i started to develop a weird, quick, stabbing-like head pain on the left side of my head, just above my ear. I then turned to Google to research and once I saw brain tumor I began to worry like crazy. I would spend countless hours on Google, searching for answers. I went to my doctor towards the middle of July, who said it was because of an ear infection I had. She prescribed amoxicillin for 10 days. The pain did not go away, its just much less frequent than before. One week before my follow-up, while still on the antibiotic, I developed a weird feeling while going out to dinner. I felt like I was really full, didn't want to eat, felt like i had to go to the bathroom (and did), and also felt faint. This was the apex of my anxiety/stress. I went home, felt horrible, and turned to the internet for answers. Brain tumor pops up again. Now im at the point where im extremely worried and almost 100% convinced that I have a tumor in my head. 3 days later i contracted food poisoning at work, where I came home and just puked. I felt like pure c**p the next day, and that night I thought my heart was going to stop. I was afraid to go to sleep, thinking I would never wake up. My heart felt like it was beating super slow. I eventually fell asleep and woke up the next day still feeling iffy. I was having a hard time going to the bathroom, feeling like a constipation feeling. But I went to the doctor (Wednesday) for my follow-up, where I told her everything, how I think its a brain tumor and how I got stressed and everything. Basically she said I need to calm down and stop worrying, which is extremely hard to do for me now. I ended up with a buzzing feeling in my foot, so I went to the internet and ended up diagnosing myself with MS. Now I'm REALLY worried, thinking I have a brain tumor AND MS. Friday I almost fainted at work, i got a weird feeling that i felt faint and not fully aware of everything around me. I drank tea and since then ive been pretty good. Last night I had that weird feeling again, thinking my heart was going to stop. Now I'm coming here, to see if anyone can relate or give me some insight as to what this might be. Thanks in advance :)

Hi did you ever find out the cause of this pain ? I have recently had the same please get back to me

My wife had very same or similar spasms in the top of her head. She best describes them as muscle cramps or spasms in the top of her head. They would come on for no reasons. If you will reply I will send you our story how she overcome this debalitating disorder.

please share the story

How did she overcome this?

I’ve had these spasms for over a month and usually during night when sleepy but now happens during the day,can you help with what the problem is

I would appreciate hearing how your wife overcame the spasms in her head. I would also like to know how the 19 year old original poster is doing.

I would also like to know how to overcome that sharp shooting spasms in the left side of my head. Maybe neck related? Not sure but scary.