Hi, a couple of days ago I read an article that was about raynauds disease. I have never heard of this condition before. The writer of the article said only about medicines used in the treatment of raynauds. What I would like you to tell me is what the symptoms/attacks of raynauds are.

Hi, Raynaud's disease is a condition that affects blood vessels. What happens is that they narrow. As a result, the needed amounts of blood are not being supplied to certain body parts. The most affected body parts are: fingers and toes. Special conditions must be fulfilled for this to happen. These conditions are: cold weather and stressful situations. When a person, which suffers from Raynaud's disease, gets exposed to one of these conditions, symptoms/attacks of this illness occur. First the affected parts go numb. This disables a person to use them. Next, these body parts have skin discoloration. Actually, the color of the skin is changed first to white, because of the lack of blood, then blue , since the affected part of the body is not getting enough oxygen and at the end red, when the blood starts to come back.