Hi, some time ago I started being sensitive to cold. The most sensitive part of me are my fingertips. If it is cold outside, or if I put my hands in cold water, the fingertips go numb and even turn white. This was very strange for me. A friend of mine told me that I might have raynauds. If this is true, what are treatment options for raynauds?

Hi, your friend could be right. Raynaud's disease is, for me, a strange blood vessels illness. The most affected are toes and, like in your case, fingertips. On stressful occasions, or when exposed to cold, our body narrows blood vessels so that it can preserve the core temperature. When one has Raynaud's, the narrowing is exaggerated. As a result, blood flow to, in your case, fingertips is inadequate. This condition can be a disease for itself and can have an underlying illness. That is why it is important for you to see a doctor. He is the only one who can determine if what you have is Raynaud's and assign the right course of treatment. The treatment of Raynaud's is done by medicine. There is a whole specter of drugs that can be used for it, mostly the drugs that dilate blood vessels. There are also special (raynaud's) gloves that keep the hands warm and therefore preserve the blood circulation in fingertips. But as I said before, you must see a doctor.