I had my bunion surgery about a year ago. A staple was used to secure the joint int the right position but I still had pain where my metatarsal connects to my atrial bones on big toe. Well for the past 6 months I have been working in warehouses on concrete floors and it has caused some pain. My big toe has begun to migrate back towards my second toe and I have pain shooting from where the staple is placed to the middle of my foot. Also when I wake up in the morning I have to pop that joint so that I willbe able to walk without pain or discomfort. I got this surgery when I was still on my parents insurance in college. I don't have insurance now so I was wondering what I should do?

Hello noh8,

Whether you've had surger or not, one of the most important things to maintaining foot health is to have proper shoes.  Warehouses and concrete floors wreak havoc on most people feet even when they have so called normal feet.  There should have been some follow up after your surgery to make sure that the surgery went well and otherwise you are okay.  I would look for a shoe that can support your foot on hard ground (concrete) and that is wide  to allow for flatening of the foot when standing.  Your shoe should not pinch your toes or restrict there movement or cause your toes to cross over.  Make sure the shoes are padded and not hard to prevent bruising of your feet.  You'll have to try a number of shoes on till you find a pair that will accomodate your needs.