Good morning everyone,

I have a few questions that I’m having a real hard and painful time answering. For the last few months, say 4 or 5, I’ve been getting recurring inflamed tonsils and dry throat to the point where last night I even drank 2-3 litres of water and still kept waking up every so often with a completely dry mouth and my tongue was literally rock hard with no liquid whatsoever. Along with this, is the terrible pain from the swollen tonsils making it extremely painful to swallow. In the last 4-5 months this has happened at least 6 times now and I’m always treated with a course of antibiotics and soon after it reappears.

The odd thing is, and this is a subject I can’t even discuss with my partner is that I seem to get this every time we see each other, we live apart and see each other every 2-3 weeks. Shortly after being together a few days I end up with inflamed tonsils etc… and need to go back on antibiotics, I understand this could be pure coincidence but it’s happened about 4 times in a row now. She swears she has nothing and has regular tests etc…but I find it hard to bring up without her getting annoyed!

I really need to rule some things out like if this is possibly happening from kissing my partner or unprotected oral sex…?

I appreciate any answers.