Hello! I have a problem, but I have not visited my doctor yet because I do not feel any pain. My problem is my tonsils. Namely, they are constantly enlarged for last few years. I do not know if this is normal or not. You are the first person in my life which I inform about this problem. What do you think about this? Thank you!

Oh, my godsh! How did you jump to that so quickly! How can you even attempt to make such a for sure diagnosis with such little information? If you know anything about the disease you know that its S*Y*S*T*E*M*A*T*C. That would mean all of her lymph gland systems, all over her body would be going haywire at the same time. There are many reasons why a tonsil could be infected. Sometimes they just need to come out. You probobly scared the c**p out of this person for no reason. Chances are, dear, now speaking to the asker, you have an infection of your tonsils or surrounding area. Usually when any part of your lymphatic system swells to fight off infection or is infected you can generally tell by the area in which they are swollen. Since the infected tissue is your tonsils you need to talk to an ENT about possible scenarios. I had problems with one of my tonsils, it was getting inflamed but would go down with antibiotics. It never got really large and if you looked at it it didnt look any different almost than the other one. My doc said that sometimes they just get riddled with bacteria and need to come out. Plain and simple. Now if only I can get the vacation time....=) Also look into possible tonsil stones.

Hope I could help

Yeah my tonsils were very enlarged all of my life from chronic strept throat - and I just had to get them out - its a painful process but well worth the trouble.