OK, kind of a long story...a little over a year ago I got what I thought was strep throat. I went to the doctor, leanred that it wasn't strep, but they could not identify exactly what it was. I had pain in my throat and white spots on my tonsils. Also, my right tonsil was very large (almost covering half of my throat). I battled that for almost two months. I went through three rounds of different antibiotics. During that time my I felt the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. It not only hurt to swallow, but my right tonsil literally hurt constantly, a very stinging pain. Finally the pain and white spots went away after the third try with antibiotics. The swelling went down a little, but my right tonsil has remained very large for the past year. Finally, a few weeks ago, I noticed a slight pain in my throat and saw white spots on my tonsils once again. I immediately went to the doctor and was given yet another antibiotic. It took away any pain that I was having, and almost got rid of the white spots completely (they were very very small once i finished with the antibiotic). Today I have noticed a slight pain once again (almost a week after finishing the antibiotic). The white spots have started to enlarge as well. Going to the doctor seems pointless as they never can tell me exactly what I have and I only seem to get antibiotics that work only temporarily. I have seen 3 different doctors, so its not like I simply need another doctor to give me yet another antibiotic. Any ideas on what I should do or what I might have?

I ALSO HAVE YOUR SAME PROBLEM.FOR YRS IVE BEEN DIAGNOSE WITH CHRONIC FATIQUE . 2 YRS AGO I GOT WORSE, GOT OTHER SYMPTONS. THEN RECENTLY IT GOT SO BAD I COULD HARDLY WALK. AT SAME TIME MY THROAT WAS SORE, TONSILS SWOLLEN, WHITE STUFF COMING OUT OF THEM AND DEPRESSION. I HAD READ ABOUT CHER HAVING MY SAME SYMPTONS AND IT WAS EPSTEIN BARR SYNDROME (MONO). FOR YRS I BEGGED MY DRS TO TEST ME. THEY SAID OH NO ITS NOT THAT. GOT A NEW DR. SHE TESTED, I WAS POSTIVE FOR EPSTEIN BARR SYNDROME. FINALLY A DIAGNOSIS! BUT ON THE DOWN SIDE SINCE ITS A VIRUS, ANTIBIOCTICS WONT WORK FOR IT. PLUS ITS INCURABLE. BUT IT LLIES DORMANT AND COMES OUT TO ATTACK YOU BODY PERIODICALLY, MAYBE MONTHS OR YEARS, EVERYONE IS DIFF. BUT WHEN MINE DOES OCCUR SO DO MY TONSILS SWELL WITH WHITE STUFF , WHI STUFF GRADUALLY DECREASES BUT MY TONSILS ONLY WILL GO DOWN SLIGHTLY. BUT EPSTEIN IS NOT TO FEAR. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE IT, LIVE WITH IT. ONLY SOLUTION IS REMOVE TONSILS, BUT NOT GUARANTEED.SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE IT TOO. IF SO THERES NOT REALLY NOTHING A DR CAN DO BUT TEST YOU FOR IT. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK. MAYBE YOU WONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR YRS FOR A DIAGNOSIS.

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT THE ENT TOLD THE WHITE STUFF WAS NOT PUS NOR AN INFECTION. IT IS FOOD THAT GET STUCK IN THE ENLARGED HOLES DUE TO THE TONSILS BEING ENLARGED AND THE FOOD TURNS TO THE WHITE STUFF. BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN IT CANT TURN INTO AN INFECTION. HE SAID TO REMOVE IT. YOU CAN USE A WATER PICK OR Q TIP. I GENTLY PUSH ON MINE TO GET IT OUT. HE GAVE ME A PAMPHLET ON TONSILLITIS AND IT EXPLAINED THIS CONDITION TO A T. YOU SHOULD CALL AN ENT AND GET THEM TO MAIL YOU THIS, IIT SHOULD HELP TO EASE YOUR WORRIES. BUT DO KEEP YOUR DR APPTS AND TELL THEM ALL YOU SYMPTOMS. YOUR ARE CONTAGIOUS WHEN THES SYMPTOMS OCCUR THRU BODY FLUIDS, SALIVA, DRINKING AFTER OTHERS ETC. "IF"! ONE DOES HAVE EPSTEIN BARR. BUT THE EP. BARR VIRUS DOES LIE DORMANT AND SHOWS ITS UGLY HEAD MAYBE MONTHS OR YEARS APART. PLEASE TALK TO YOUR DR. ITS VERY IMPORTANT

i have he same problem :(

Glandular Fever kiddies... if not Tonsillitis.

Chronic Fatigue comes from Glandular Fever...
Glandular fever caused my tonsils to swell so bad that my whole throat closed. Very painful, couldn't eat, couldn't swallow or even lay down in certain positions.

Gargle 3 times daily with Aloe Vera juice and swallow it too - very good for your immune system and will help considerably. Will start to notice a difference within a few days.

Get bloods done to confirm.

Feel better.

I NOTICED A COUPLE DAYS AGO THAT I HAD A DIFFICULT TIME SWALLOWING. AFTER LOOKING IN THE MIRROR I NOTICED THAT JUST MY RIGHT TONSIL IS SWOLLEN WITH SPOTS COVERING IT. IT ALSO AFFECTS MY RIGHT EAR ALONG WITH PAIN AND STIFFNESS IN MY NECK. THE WHITE SPOTS ARE NOT HARD AND THEY'RE NOT FOOD. I PUT A COTTON SWAB TO THEM AND IT COMES OFF LIKE DEEP HOLES OF MUCUS? IVE BEEN TAKING TYLENOL SORE THROAT TO EASE THE PAIN. SHOULD AN ANTIBIOTIC HELP THIS WEIRD HAPPENING? SHOULD I SEE A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY OR GARGLE WITH WARM SALT WATER AND KEEP ON TAKING MEDS?

The white stuff stuck in the cracks in your tonsils might only be tonsil stones. Just food and bacteria that accumulates in the cracks, I just push it out, not a disease or anything. All it does really it that sometimes you feel something in the back of your tongue and cause bad breath all the time. Good oral higeen works wheel.

I have the same problem!!!! But a little different.. i have the gross smelling patches in the back of my throat but my throat doesnt hurt!! i have been on and off medications and im wondering if its spreadable!! i just got a girlfriend and i dont want to give it to her! please help!!

Hey I have the exact same thing happen to me no pain. What do we do? Anybody?

Guys, this is a sinus drip, that pools in your throat and dries out, then causing irritation, and ulcers. If you notice, the symptoms are always worse in the winter (at least mine are). I have found that drinking hot tea, really helps (green tea). This does 2 things, it makes the tonsils warm, which helps the blood flow, and seems to open up the air way, and the other positive is that green tea helps immune system. I also found out that the longer I stay awake before going to bed, the worse it gets... I am not sure why this is, might be the harder you sleep??... I find it comical, though, the people who think this is "stink balls" in your tonsils. No people, that is something completely different, this is a open wound on our tonsils, if you have it, you know if not stop trying to play doctor. As far as those that have this, I used a lidocain viscous, that I put on a q-tip and numbed the pain. Ask your doctor about this. They suck, and I got them too right now...

Hello I found your post while googling remedies for swollen tonsils with white spots.I took a visit to my local urgent care,but they had no clue on what to do.So,i visited a specialist.I found out that I had a hole in my tonsil,and whenever i consumed food,particles of the food got into the hole,causing small infections(white spots).I was told to look into getting a water pick(a tool very popular in the 70s,used for cleaning teeth).The water pick was supposed to close the hole up.But,it only took care of the white spots.......until i had my next meal.I've had this for quite a long time,nothing is helping...It literally feels like someone is poking my tonsil with a needle.My lymphnodes are also quite swollen,and they have been for quite a while...I understand what you are going through.My friend is a school nuse and she told me that she has seen quite a few kids with this problem...If you have by chance found ANY working remedies,please post XD

My right tonsil has been swollen for about the past 2-3 years now. No pain, or anything. Just swollen. Not sure what causes it or if its harmful.

mine just started to hurt about 2 weeks ago and the docters did the same for me
but the anibiotics are not working at all and the white spots are very large so
2morrow i am going to tell them to take them out on account of the docters having to listen
to the patians request on the surrgery.

I used to have tonsilitis 12 times a year as a kid.
I had something just like mono (gandular) at the end of high school, but all tests came back negative. I too couldn't swallow for weeks, had fever, etc.
I have had fatigue since then.
The last three years my tonsils have been permanently swollen. I thought it was due to some naty wisdom teeth, but I've had them out, and thought the tonsils calmed down a little, they're still big.
I got homeopathy last year, and it REALLY helped. I was read to quit school because of the bad breath I had from the halitosis-smelling pus-stuff in my tonsils. I'd squeeze them out, and the smell was horrific. I'd taken anti-biotics which only helped so much. THe homeopathy took away that stiinky pus-ness and improved my health.
But my biggest problem now is I can't sing, and haven't been able to for years. WHen I do, I get pain in my throat--and I was meant to become a singer.
I'm finally getting to the top of the wait list to see about getting my tonsils out, but friends are saying getting the tonsils out is a bad move, that their swelling is a symptom, not a cause,a nd my body will suffer without them. One friend has recommended I remove all mucus-causing foods, and try a raw food diet.
I'm going to do it, but a hybrid diet. I'm not going to cut out all meat and cooked foods, but I'll eat mostly uncooked fruit and veg.
I hope it helps. There were complications from my wisdom teeth removal, nerves have been damaged and I have numbness throughout my mouth, so I'm cautious about getting any more surgery.
I urge you all to do as much research as possible, try cutting out dairy (my tonsils flare when I eat chocolate or cheese), keep neck warm, gargle warm sea-salt water, and I hope we all find out what's wrong with us so we can start living our lives properly again!

im only 13 and i have been home from school for almost 3 days. my tonsiles are so that they touch. im afraid that during the night my throat willl close up. becasue they are so big. my mom said that we will go to the hospital or speicalist tomorrow. i dont know what to do. my sister had tonsilitus and strep so many times this year alone that i stoped counting. but this is worse than that. i thought it was just strep but strep dosent do this. i need help i have my whole life. i never had surgery and i dont want to have my tonsiles like this. today i started feeling dizzy and im always sleepy. im scared out of my mind please help me