I have been to the Dr. three times in the past three months for swollen and painful lymph nodes, sore throat, fatigue, etc.. Each time the strep test comes back negative, but the Dr. says due to the appearance of it she says it is strep and prescribes antibiotics. I recieved another antibiotic today, and she says when I finish it come back to the office to do a throat culture to be sent to the lab. She said if it is positive for strep she will refer me to the ENT Dr. to see about a tonsillectomy. I am so tired!!! Is there anything else this could be?

Have you had any luck? I've had a sore throat (inflamed tonsils) 4 times in the past 4 months. Before this I haven't even been sick with even a cold in over 3 years. Each time I'm given Amoxicilin or a Z-pac. It makes it go away but then I get sick again in another month. I also come back negative for strep each time. I'm seeing an ENT this coming week. Let me know how you've made out. I really don't want my tonsils removed.