I have yellow spots on my tonsils. They dont really give me any symptoms and i feel perfectly fine. But the weird thing is that I have gotten them before and they are lake small slices of hardened pus, they come off and then my tonsil looks basically normal. Should i see a doctor?

hey.

those are called "tonsil stones" and basically smell really bad (if you actually want to smell it).

our tonsils have little folds and "pockets" that can trap food and other germs which forms those yellowish pieces of yuck.

they can give you bad breath! it'd be good to remove them every now and then (if they don't come off on their own). as to HOW you want to remove them, you may have to find a way. ;-)

Hi there,
Tonsils are the first line of defense and they are stopping all the bacteria and viruses to go inside our body through our throat. So it is not strange to have problems with tonsils form time to time. In my opinion the yellow spots may indicate the onset of tonsillitis. Do you know what tonsillitis is? When you tonsils get inflamed from some bacteria or virus you get tonsillitis. Have you noticed any swelling on your tonsils? Have you tried to use some kind of antibiotics to treat this condition? Also you could try to use mouthwash after you brush your teeth, because it can help you to avoid bacterial or viral infections in your mouth.

How do your get the tonsil stones off?

I have a yellow line looking spot on my tonsil ?been there for 4 weeks What is it ?