Hi! I feel really bad but I don’t know what is wrong with me. I think that I have some kind of infection but I’m not sure. My symptoms are inflamed neck muscle and swollen lymph nodes. I have difficulty with swallowing and even speaking. Also last night I had a fever. What do you think?

Well, it looks like throat bacterial infection. I remember when I had streptococcal infection few months ago, I even could not eat. My doctor prescribed to me antibiotics and after few days I felt totally ok. On the other hand, your swollen lymph nodes can be symptom of something more serious.

I am not sure if your muscles are the ones that are causing you problems. If you are having problems with swallowing then in my opinion the problem is located inside your neck. Have you noticed anything wrong with your tonsils? Usually people have issues swallowing when the tonsils get inflamed and enlarged. Your vocal cords might be infected as well. Do you have problem while you breath? Do you find it hard to inhale oxygen? Your lymph nodes are swollen because of the infection that you have in your throat. My suggestion would be to take some antibiotics and try to get rid of the infection. As soon as your infection is over your lymph nodes are going to be normal again.