I love to masturbate, being that I'm single, but I believe that it finally caught up with me. For a couple of months, I masturbated about 2 times a day with K-Y jelly, mostly because of depression in my life. After one night of masturbating, my penis burned and was extremely red and irritated. Inflammation was terrible. I noticed red spots or sores spread out around the backside of my penis. For days the itching was terrible. I finally bought a steroidal creme called Cortizone 10 at Walmart and it really helped with the inflammation. Eventually, my skin became very dry and flaky and started to peel. I completely stopped masturbating, but noticed that these spots wouldn't completely go away. I have never had sex before, so I knew they couldn't be an STD. Finally went to the doctor, and he said that I had eczema on my penis and that there was no cure for this condition. He said that eczema was a hereditary trait for people who had allergies or hay fever in their family, and prescribed me a stronger steroidal creme. I'm really worried about my condition. I don't think I have eczema, I think I irritated my penis from masturbating too much. Possibly because of not washing my hands at times- maybe a bacterial infection. Or I was wondering if it was a form of dermatitis or something else that will possibly go away with another treatment. Nobody has this skin condition called eczema in my family, and most people who have this condition have it on their face or elbows or somewhere else, not the penis? Sorry for this long post. Any ideas?

Im pretty sure it is excema. I ran into the same problem: lonely guy masturbating away, start using lubricants and bam! red, itchy spots on head and shaft of penis that eventually dry out and flake.

The reason I believe it is excema (and I have not seen a doctor about this yet $$$) is because I have had excema since I was a very young child. What is on my penis looks very much like what was on the inside of my elbows as a kid. It flares up if I masturbate and looks MUCH better if I refrain for several days/weeks and use lots of lotion.

I've done some research about this on the net and it appears that in almost every case the doctor tells the patient it is a bacterial infection but then antibiotics don't help and they re-diagnosis it as excema. Hope this helps.

Answer

This is surely eczema. It can be cured only by homeopathy. Stop masturbation.

can it occur around the penis like in the pubic hair?

Its most definatly eczema. Eczema is common in my family, of 4 offspring 3 of us have it, 2 being male. Have it on the elbows and knees when working alot (heavy lifting etc) and on the scalp when stressed.

Only recently had the problem on the penis, stopped sex and mastrubation for 3 days and it went away. Wasnt stressed at the time although an active sex life may have been the cause.

Doctors recomendations were to cut down on most foods containing fats, stop dairy and smoking and it would disapear in a week or two at most. Told the man were to go, kept smoking, drinking and eating like always and it went in just about 3 days. I'm not saying you should gorge yourself and I'm definatly not saying smoke (its killed a handful of relatives) but if the problem persists or gets worse I would recomend mayb cutting down, if your desperate.

Not a doctor, just a student.

I had the same issues as others in this thread. Kept going to the doctor, getting different drugs: anti-biotics, anti-fungal. Eventually was diagnosed with herpes -- that was scary, but at least I figured the drugs would take care of the problem. No such luck. I was fighting this for about two years.

I added a Calcium/Vitamin D supplement to my daily multivitamin/Vitamin C regimen for an unrelated reason. Within a week it cleared up. Hasn't come back since despite a significant amount of self-abuse.

Hi there,

Glad I found this post! I am a 26 year old male and have been dealing with eczema on my penis for about 3-4 years now. It has been a very frustrating thing to have to deal with, but I haven't really delved too deeply in to trying to cure it via natural routes.

I have seen a few doctors about my eczema and almost all of them have prescribed one cream or another--obviously they are stuck in the traditional medical model of dealing with health issues. I've been tested twice to see if the sores on my penis are herpes or some other STI and results have always come back negative. The sores appear after I have been masturbating or having sex, and react well to steroid creams, so I know that the sores are eczema. The sores go away if I stop sexual activity (with the steroid cream obviously making them go away faster if I use it regularly). It usually takes 7-12 days for the sores to disappear entirely. But the really frustrating part is that once they have disappeared from one area, they re-emerge in another area!

The thought of having to put a steroid cream on my penis for the long-term, however, in order to make the sores go away is not an appealing one, so I am going to try integrating various essential fatty acids, and vitamin therapy to see if it will help me to rid them once and for all. If anyone either in this forum, or who is simply reading this, has had any success with a natural approach please post your story!

Cheers,
oZ

Can someone please describe the sores you have, as they sound very similar to mine, as does the steroid creme treatment by my doctor? Do you have them on your balls as well? It is rather unsightly, as well as itchy at times.

I have had it all my life and I formed the conclusion as it appears to be non curable why worry about it. As far as I know it has not stoped me from doing anything like having sex or having children and its not contageous, so apart from bad looks why worry about it? The human body was never meant to be perfect was it? My eczema is red patches like rash e.g. not raised or disforming, but I have wondered one thing as the tip of my penis keeps peeling and renewing continously I wonder if I did not have eczema causing sking decomposition would that mean that my penis would grow bigger?

Man, I am going through the same thing you are. And I just started looking on the internet for some answers. I haven't told anyone I know, besides my brother, about this due to embarressment. And it looks exactly the way everyone's describing it. But I don't have any red spots, I guess because I'm black, lol.
What I do is just stop sexual activity for a couple of days and it goes away just fine. I rarely use the steroid lotions for two reasons. One: I try not to get too dependent on any type of drug or medicine. I'd rather let my body take care of it on it's own. And so far, I've had no real problem with that. And Two: There's no way that I'd keep using a steroid creme on my penis in fear that it might shrink a little. Cuz it is a "steroid" creme.
I hope you have the best of luck, man. And know you're not alone in this.
Peace...

I have the same issue. I'm black so on me they aren't red. Using the steroid as directed takes a few days to clear it up, but it eventually comes back. The doctors say don't worry about it and treat it as it comes up.

As for the "steroid" comment from the last poster, that's not going to shrink your penis. What your using isn't that type of steroid (designer drug that affects your growth hormones) so don't worry about it.

it is eczema or para psoriasis i can tell the difference, it is a red mark on my penis it has the shape of 2 parallel lines. and it scares me a lot, i used elidel and nothing changes knowing that the elidel was useful on my body, and i realized that my penis and my balls got warm when i use the elidel.

have the same condition only cure is to stop. Thinking of seeing a hypnotherapist for stress as i believe this is major trigger for this condition .

yeah i have this red rashy lookin sh*t all over my penis and balls. it atarted with one little circle on my ballz like a week ago and itched like sh*t so i subconciously was always pinchin and rollin. ha ha well i thought it would go away so i didnt go get it checked out but it spresd all over the base of my d**k and on to my ass cheeks and now its on the top of my feet. little red circles and some big ones but they are level with the skin and are dry and peel. when i put lotion on it it burns like hell for a minute then my d**k and balls are hella warm. it hasnt got better the whole week. stopped having sex and whackin it but i dont know if its this exzema sh*t or what cuz my little sister does have it but i never had. but its so uncomfortable i just want to get it gone. does anyone know if it could be like herpes or if it is this nasty exzema sh*t?? help out if you can..

I have this problem. My gut is telling me to buy tons of oils. I work at a health food store in Houston. Here is some guidance for good brands that won't rip you off.

I would try the following brands for Omega 3 fish oils: Monami, Jarrow Formulas, and Carlson. They tend to be moderately priced and you can find at least one of these brands at a health food store near you. STAY AWAY from Kirkland from CostCo, 365 from Whole Foods, and Sam's/Walmart fish oils. They are 50% less potent than ones I mentioned. The potent part of fish oil is epa and dha - read on the label. You want a fish oil with an epa of at least 400 and dha of at least 200 in a SINGLE softgel.

I'm going to try one of these fish oils in higher doses as well as Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, and Coconut oil. I'll let y'all know how it goes.