hello, i am 23. i have a red glossy wet paatch on my glans penis just above the orifice. i dont know for how long because i have partial phimosis and i never tried to retract until very recently. my glans are also very sensitive. im worried. could it be precancerous?

Hi Zebra,

It is unlikely to be cancer.  It's been protected all your life.

It's NORMAL for your glans to be very sensitive if you don't retract your foreskin.  As the glans is exposed it will dry out some and become less sensitive - normally.

The glossy patch you are seeing is probably a result of phimosis.

Have you tried stretching?

its the size of a bean and its well demarcated. it looks pinkish red. the more worrying part is the presence of a fissure in the patch itself

A fissure? Maybe an ulcer?

See your doctor. It may indicate herpes but we can't tell without an exam.

Good luck.

This sounds the same as my problem which has been diagnosed as zoon's balaniti

Zoon's balanitis usually affects middle aged to elderly men. At any rate since he's describing a "fissure" he needs to see his doctor.

Zoons can affect younger men but is normally found as you say in middle aged and older men.I have what could be described as a fissure a red patch in the middle of the zoons which constantly weeps a clear fluid,according to the doc it's part of having zoons

what treatment are u recceivingg?

sorry, its actually a reddish pink area around the meatus. its going outwardd and is well demarcated from the rest of the glans.

Get it checked by a doctor - please.

I've tried Trimovate for a few weeks and then Dermovate which sort of cleared it but it's flared up again now so going back to doc this week.The only certain cure is circumcision but that's a bit drastic for a condition which causes no problems

hello, when i try to rub it with a cloth, it dries of a little and looks like its going away but returns to same after some minutes. does it happen to ur patch as well? please help.

Yes that sounds like my patch,when I dry it and wait for a few minutes a clear liquid comes out of the red patch