I just had emergency surgery and got a temporary bag.  What do you do to help with the skin irritation caused from the adhesive of the bag?

When they do the reversal surgery, do they go in through the long vertical incision that runs through the navel or from the stoma area?  Does the recuperation for this surgery take as long as the recuperation for the first surgery?  I am supposed to have the removal done in early October.

Latest update:  It has now been 7 weeks since my surgery and I am doing remarkably well!!  I found out the surgeon will have to open the long incision and close the one where my bag is.  I can't wait to have it removed!  I also found a product that help with the skin irritation.  It is a skin barrier ARC from safen'simple.  You can order it through your ostomy supplier.;-)