Hi. I`m 23 yo F and I work in a post office. I have a big problem with recurring kidney stones. Every six months, when I go to a doctor to chech the condition, he found a new stone in my kidney. What to do to prevent kidney stone formation?

Hi. Once you had your first stone attack, the chance of having recurring stones are some 80%. The younger you are, the risk is greater. Persons between 35 and 50 yo are in the peak stone formation period. The easiest step to prevent kidney stone formation is to drink more fluids, especially water. Drink 2 or more quarts per day, it will increase your urine output. It is the most important step in reducing stone formation. A diet with high levels of sodium, sucrose, or animal protein increases the possibility of kidney stone formation. High levels of potassium, magnesium, and fluids lower that possibility.

next time you go to the urologist get them to check your calcium levels if they are high it could mean an overactive parathyroid gland. the urologist will not be suggesting this problem (bad for business) so you may have to see a specialist to see if you have this problem. i am considering it myself after having seven in the past seven years. i have a relative that had kidney stones for years then had a parathyroidectomy and hasnt had one since also a disease called sarcoidosis can cause them regularly. ever have any trouble breathing?