Hi. I have kidney stones and I have a scheduled flight day after tomorrow. My condition is really painful. Anyway, I would like to know can I fly with kidney stones? Is it safe?

Hi. I think it is safe to fly with kidney stones. The only thing that can happen is the inability to get a plane safely on the ground. I had kidney stones and I was on ESWL treatment. The stones are gone now but I still have to drink water as much as I can and I am taking my calcium pills regularly. Also, I have to avoid food with added Vitamin D. I have to prevent new stones formations.

It is strange that you take calcium when you have had a kidney stone. My kidney stones were all made up of calcium oxalate. Does your urologist know you take calcium pills. They may help stones form

Dude, there are different types of kidney stones. I bet that if he takes calcium pills it is because his doctor told him to.