From my experience I realized that most pediatricians insist on treating strep throat with antibiotics. I read that doctors treat strep with antibiotics because they can prevent one of the complications of strep throat, acute rheumatic fever. I would like to know which antibiotic works best to combat Strep in your case?

Penicillin is the first choice of antibiotic for strep throat unless you are allergic to it. And I think it’s the best option. Recently I heard that antibiotic treatment is not usually needed if the strep infection is not actively causing symptoms. Because sometimes it is possible to carry strep bacteria in the throat but not have any symptoms.

I've taken two courses of Amoxicillin a (form of Penicillin) and I still have strep. I think I'm going to ank my Doc about Cefdinir. I read it does a better job.