Two days ago I saw "floaters", which is not uncommon, but these stayed longer and were stringy rather than dots. That evening, I was outside after dark and noticed small flashed of light in the corner of my right eye. Yesterday, I was about to play the piano for the a practice with the church choir. When I began seeing swirls of blood in my field of vision. I could even see the dark reddish color of blood. I asked a woman who was nearby and is a nurse if she could see blood in my eye. There was none. Eventually, over a period of 10 minutes, the blood seemed to disperse over my field of vision into tiny specks. All of this happened in my right eye. From that moment my vision is dimmer. There are still specks in my vision, and it appears as if I were looking through a screen door. My eye looks perfectly normal when I look in the mirror. Sorry, for such a long explanation. Thank you.

I think it is essential you saw an ophthalmologist especially because your symptoms appeared so sudden and were so severe. You need to be looked at and check id retinal attachment has occurred.
Although there are people who regularly see floaters on clear or light background and they may not be serious but your symptoms were way too sudden and way too strong for my taste.
Retinal detachment is a serious disorder. In this disorder, retina separates from the tissue underneath it and may lost its function because of that. This is a emergency situation as you may loose your sight permanently.
If there’s no risk of retinal detachment, a doc may check for other underlying condition and if nothing was found, it is possible that the floaters would go away on their own.