my upper right shoulder blade is really hurting plus ive just started with a pain in the middle of my chest when a swallow certain things my doc prescribed ant acid tablets,imreally worried as the shoulder blade pain is killing me its keeping me awake at night too its gets worse at night,please help

Stomach problems, especially the ones related to hyper acidity always cause abdominal and chest pains and it might take some time for the medications to start working. which medication were you prescribed? As far as the shoulder pain is concerned, well, I think that that is completely unrelated to your stomach problems and it could be caused by number of things - from simple ones like bad position while sleeping or spend long hours at the computer, to inflammation, so I would recommend you to see your doctor who will point you to the specialist, if you have the chance. Because pain meds alone wont solve the problem until you find out what is the cause.

hi thankyou for your help i was prescribed omeprazole 20mg

hi thankyou i was prescribed omeprazole 20mg

You're welcome! Omeprazole is standard treatment for these types of conditions, like acid reflux, It still might be the case that the pain is radiating from tour chest to the shoulders and it is known fact that all acid reflux issues get a lot worse during night - that I know from my own experience. Try avoiding eating anything past 8 pm and stick to the diet without any acid-activating food for a few days and see if things change. This type of diet, together with omeprazole is what keeps my symptoms under control.