I have been experiencing right shoulder blade pain for almost 4 years now. I have seen an orthopedic which is how i got diagnosed with lupus. My rhemy says it has nothing to do with my lupus. I have done physical therapy,  seen a chiropractor,  seen the orthopedic again where i had right shoulder surgery to fix a tear, but that did not take away the pain. I have had my gallbladder removed and that didnt help. Countless mri and x rays of my spine, shoulder blade, neck. Lots of blood work. I have had anti inflammatorys, injections, mucsle relaxers. And also a mammogram. It has got worse. I can feel it going around my shoulder blade, it has gotten a little closer to my spine. It hurts by my kidney, and on my side and ribs. Sometimes it gets so bad i get very hot and sick and i can sometimes feel the pain in my right boob. I dont know what else to do, who else to see. I need help.

I had the same problems.  I reversed my Lupus and my shoulder pain is much improved without any more surgery.  I had numerous surgeries.  The problem is inflammation and it comes from the foods we eat.  I went on a Paleo diet to reduce the inflammation and that is what made my shoulder pain diminish to the point, I no longer need a shoulder replacement.  It is challenging at first because it's a totally different way of eating but now I have found several websites where others come up with recipes that are yummy and I now LOVE my diet!  I am now 130 pounds.  I haven't been that small since I was a teenager.  I am 5 feet 4 inches.  I wear a size 6-8 depending on how its made.  I used to be a size 18.  Besides diet, but sort of along with it is oils.  Most of the oils most of us use to cook with are highly inflammatory and inflammation is what causes most pain.  If you use vegetable oils, they are contributing to your inflammation.  Canola is not the healthy oil we are told, neither are corn oil or vegetable oil.  Use only extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil. There are a few more but I can't remember the names because I don't use them. Do an internet search for Paleo recipes.  There are many people that create great tasting Paleo recipes and some that are awful. I wish I was allowed to tell you some names where I have gotten great recipes.  I take no prescription drugs.  I don't even have enough pain anymore to use anything for pain.  If I do, I use essential oils.  Just before I found out about my Lyme disease, I was ready to have a shoulder replacement because of the pain.  Now, I wouldn't even consider it.  Surgeries don't cure you.  Changing your diet does!  Until you get familiar with the diet, eat only meat, fruit and vegetables.  Use only healthy oils to cook and eat with your food.  Fat does not make you fat.  Carbs make you fat if you have any weight issues.