Hi! I have a question about constant chest pain/discomfort that I have been experiencing for one week now.

I am a 23 year old female in basically good health. I have a history of cardiac PVCs. Last Saturday evening (over a week ago today), I had eaten and drank very little during the day. At night, I went out with friends and consumed two large glasses of wine and a beer in a short period of time. While I didn’t feel very drunk after this, I ended up feeling very strange and tired. I went home and ate 2 large slices of pizza and fell asleep immediately after (around 2 am). When I woke up on Sunday morning, I started feeling what felt like a mild chest pain on the left side of my chest, located deep under, behind, and around my left breast. It feels like a dull, constant ache. I have a history of constant PVCs and was worried that this was related to my heart. I went to the doctor that same day, and he told me that he believed it was not related to my heart and could be some sort of acid reflux.  I went home.  The pain continued into the next day and started to feel worse, accompanied by intermittent sharp, stabbing pains, so I went to the ER.  There, they did a chest X-ray and EKG and could not find anything. They sent me home.  The next day, I went for a light job (not unusual for me – I am a heavy runner) and, after the jog, the pain started to become EVEN worse, extending into my left shoulder and my back left shoulder blade.  I called my GP the next day and she had me come in again, as she herself had not seen me yet.  She did a D-dimer blood test to check for clots and another EKG. Again, she could not find anything wrong with me.  Long story short, I have been having this constant, achy chest pain that is sometimes accompanied by stabbing pains for days.  At times, the pain extends into my left shoulder and shoulder blade and sometimes my arm. It is usually just a dull ache, but it is always there.  It is not accompanied by any other symptoms.  What could this be caused by?  I have been taking Prilosec for 5 days now and it is not helping.  Advil does not help.  I want to believe the doctors that there is nothing wrong with my heart, but I am unconvinced.  Could this be angina?  Is this a sign that I might have cardiac failure or a heart attack sometime soon?  Or could it be GERD or acid reflux?  Again, I have no other symptoms that point to these conditions.  There is also the potential that it could be anxiety, but I have not felt particularly anxious about anything lately.  I have been very happy.  I am worried that this is a heart condition and also that it might never go away.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

You should have consult with doctor quickly. It is not normal thing...

Constant chest discomfort is not avoidable..Sometimes it can cause big heart problem.Consult with doctor before it's too late.

Hi, I'm also going through frequent chest pains. My doctor says its nothing. it's very frustrating because it does not feel like "nothing" actually it's very painful. At this time I'm thinking of going to see a cardiologist but lately I have been hearing that thyroid issues can also cause chest pain so I'm thinking on going that route as well. I hope this sort of helps and I hope you feel better.