My problem is somewhat strange! I experience ringing in the ears! What is it? My sister tells me that this might be just another symptom of menopause, but I am not so sure. I also talked to my friends, and they did not have similar problems. I have already scheduled an appointment with my doctor, but I still cannot stop thinking about this. Could this be something really serious? Can it affect my hearing?

I have heard that ringing in the ears might be the symptom of menopause. Along with over 30 other symptoms! Also, there is a possibility that you might be suffering from some condition that cases this ringing. I guess you already now that only doctor might determine why you have this sensation. What I know is that tinnitus (ringing in the ears), might be related to hypothyroidism and some heart conditions. I do not mean to frighten you, I am just pointing out to lesser possibilities. Anyway, you will know much more after the examination.