I am booked in for a surgical abortion on Monday am. I'm at 7 weeks.
I've read the various advice and have been told to wait 2 weeks before resuming 'strenuous' exercise, but I'm got a marathon at end of April so would like to get back into some kind of exercise pretty soon. Obviously I'll follow the advice of the doctor and I can wait 2 weeks before running, but I wondered about other people's experiences - is it possible to start light cardio workouts (say short sessions of gentle cycling or Cross-training) sooner than 2 weeks?

I would strongly recommend that you stick to the recommendation about at least two weeks of rest after surgical abortion. Abortion will cause bleeding and any excessive activity might make that bleeding worse and even postpone the time of your full recovery which wold be a lot worse outcome for your marathon. But, ask at the clinic what kind of exercise and to what extent you can do without risking anything. No one expects that you will lay in bed for two weeks, but professionals at the clinic will be able to give you the right answer as to how much strain you can safely be exposed to. Wish you the best!

barryj180926,

Would you mind sharing what did you wind up doing and what was your experience? I'm facing a similar situation (abortion pill at 7 weeks and marathon 19 days later).

Thanks!