Hi, I have been advised to take yogurt to prevent constipation. Does it really work? It sounds silly to me.

Well, it works, but you should not rely on it totally. Sure, it is helpful, but I am always for kefir. You should seek an information on how to use kefir grains to make kefir at home. It is good and among the foods, that may block you up: too much cheese and milk. But sure, that doesn't mean that you need to give up on the dairy products, you just should eat less of it and change your choices. Kefir or yogurt with the probiotics, live bacteria that's good for your digestive system. It may help relieve constipation for sure. It helped me. 

Hi, it may sound silly but it really works. So, you have to try it to see for yourself. Yogurt has some probiotic bacteria which are essential for proper digestion. There are even some special sorts of yogurt, which contain increased amount of different cultures of bacteria. The outcome of consumption of yogurt is regulated digestion and bowel passage and increased immunity. So, by in taking yogurt you will not solve only constipation problem but also be less susceptible to numerous infections.

I have to personally attest to the truth of this. I began eating yogurt, the regular kind for breakfast. A wonderful side effect (since I ALWAYS have great difficulty going to the bathroom) was that I became very regular. I just logged on to see if this was a coincidence or not, and found several articles that proclaim the assurance I was looking for.

I have also tried the special ones designed for constipation and those work really well too.

I also have to say how great yogurt has helped me. I take 3 different meds that have constipation as side effects,have for yrs. Terrible trouble with constipation,sometimes up to 10 days without going. My Doc had me on long term antibiotics and told me to be sure to do yogurt daily. So i started,found a flavor i like and have using it for about 1 month now. I pass gas which greatly relieves bloating and pressure,and i go EVERY day now. I no longer feel like i just ate a whole watermelon and cant breeth. I cannot belive how great i feel now!

Works wonderful! Took about 2 weeks for me to see it actually work!

Yes, yogurt works for me. I also eat fiber-rich foods to avoid constipation.