please help me I take gare of my 85 year old mother who has cronic upset stomache and bloating night and day after having gallbladder surgery is this common ?

hi, i just wanted to say i'm sorry for your mom.i know how she feels especially with the bloating.i have been this way for ten years.i cant go to the bathroom unless i take something to make me go and i can;t just take anything...it has to be prescribed by the dr.and that took me like 5yrs to get someone to listen to me and give me SOMETHING to be able to have a bowel movement,so you see i am the opposite of pretty much everyone who is on this website. :'(

Apparently, bloating is very common after GB surgery. It's been 5 months since I had mine removed. I'm 61. My worst symptoms are constipation, bloating/gas, acid reflux and lack of proper digestion. Yet, I feel better physically (strengthwise). I've started using digestive enzymes before each meal. It has helped with the acid reflux/digestion. Any type of strong carminative is excellent for gas/bloating (like fresh ginger or ginger tea, and fennel seed). Ginger chews help me greatly.

I've recently learned that Alpha Galactosidase (derived from aspergillus niger) is specifically for gas/bloating (beano contains this and so do certain types of digestive enzymes). One main thing that has been beneficial is yogurt. Drug Emporium sells the Greek kind with the live cultures in it (& the ginger chews).

Now, if I could do something about the constipation...all the fiber, fruit & water, water, water has NOT helped. I've even tried ground flaxseed. Some people recommend bile salts...I've recently ordered an herbal regularity colon activator from "baselinenutrionals.com" . I'm hoping this will do it for me.

Best wishes with your mom.

Hi, I have the same exact symptoms as you, I recently started taking 400 mg of Magnesium a day and it helps with the bowel movements. I am 20 lbs overweight and miserable. Have you heard of bile salts and the need for them? I do take a probiotic each day as well.
Wendy