This is probably the question asked millions of times up to now, but you’ll forgive me since I’m new here. Namely, I had a minor surgery last year and I gained some weight after that. I’ve tried to reduce my weight by numerous diets and it didn’t work. What do you think about cycling and weight loss? That’s the only activity that looks interesting. Thanks.

I hope that surgery went well. If it’s minor and if there are no consequences, you can take up cycling. Cycling is generally regarded as a very demanding activity, and as such burns calories and can help you reduce your weight but only if you’re practicing it properly. That means you must have a balanced diet and lots of liquids, especially water. So, don’t stick to your old way of eating, if it includes lots of simple sugars and fat, but switch to healthy, complex sugar ingredients such as cereal, pasta and whole-wheat bred as carbohydrate reservoirs. Forget about chocolate and various sweet and fizzy sodas. Introduce enough vegetables and fruits, mainly broccoli, lettuce, potato, tomato, oranges, apples and bananas. And divide the portions of food evenly – have three main meals and two healthy snacks a day.

While i'm not a doctor or sports scientist, I have heard that if you're trying to lose weight it is best to keep your heart rate low and do longer distances (as opposed to high intensity over shorter time periods)

Any physical activity is good for weight loss, but it won't take that much of effect if you don't eat healthy and regularly. That means lot's of proteins, small meals but more often daily etc. Also weight lifting (you can use dumbbells too) is good for weight loss, because muscles are burning fat much faster.

Cycling not only changes your body--it changes your mind,your attitude and your mood more better way i have ,,,