I have Osteroporosis of the spine for a while now and I am dealing with it hardly. I heard something about the Dowagers Humps that is related to this condition. Can you tell me something more about it?

Hi!
When you have Osteoporosis in advanced stage your vertebrae become so fragile, that it can break, fracture, even with a little pressure. Fracturing at the front of the vertebrae causes the tilting of the spine, which makes for a curvature or hump on the back. The term that is used in medical circles is Kyphosis, and it means, bent-over posture”. This kind of fractures usually occurs in the thoracic or upper half of the lumbar spine. Many fractures of this kind are silent and do not cause pains. The first obvious sign is loss of height. Sometimes the pain is severe. If you are in advanced stage of Osteoporosis you should visit your doctor and talk with him about Dowagers Humps. He is the best one to diagnose this kind of condition.