My scrotum has been extremely itchy and red for the past week, and now its red, "scaly", and peeling like a sunburn. This all happened a few days after starting to use Coconut Oil as lube. It hasn't affected anything else including my penis or scalp. Everything I've read online says to USE coconut oil to help. What is this and how can I fix it? Can I still use coconut oil as lube?

Health Guru

try using baby oil as a lubricant and rub it into your scrotum as it's ment more for delicate skin

Update: no longer hurts or itches, but it's peeling like a sunburn. What happened?

Health Guru
was this your first time using it when it happened and do you shave your scrotum prior to applying the coconut oil?

i had been using it for a couple days before it, and not clean shaven but shaved within the past month .

Health Guru
it's unlikely to be an allergic reaction then or the fact you used it on freshly shaved skin, has it always been the same batch of coconut oil you have used?

Yes its virgin too

Health Guru
after you use it and Finnish do you wash it off with soap and water?