Hi! :-)
I've read on here and other places that tea tree oil (as painful as it sounds) can actually help calm down an inflamed urethra.
I got some tea tree oil but do not know how to use it.
My urethra is SUPER sensitive and inflamed 24/7 no matter what I do... it is scary to think of putting something like tea tree oil on it because of this so I want to be sure if I do it, that I do it correctly.
Can you all PLEASE help me?
Thank you! :-)

Hello! If you are a male DO NOT use the tree tea oil! There has been major studies of TTO causing growth of breast tissue in males and causing problems! TTO contains Estrogen so be careful with that!

TTO is mainly used for acne and is more of an antibiotic below is a list of issues TTO can treat and HOW to use them

http://www.theherbsplace.com/Tea_Tree_Oil_Uses_sp_153.html

Obviously you have some sort of UTI or bladder infection, so I would like you to get checked out and have a urine test 1st, before you try anything on your own OK?

Below is an extensive list of herbs and oils you can use for UTI's

http://evenstaronline.com/articles/urinary.html

http://www.healthsquare.com/fgwh/wh1ch10c.htm

I REALLY do not want you to put any oil on your urethra actually!!! This could cause bacteria to be trapped and cause more problems than you counted on! I would suggest taking a bath with about 2 cups of Epsom Salts in it and sitting in the bath till the water covers your thighs - this way the Epsom Salts will be more concentrated!

You can use a squirt bottle with warm water and 2 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide in it! And squirt the area - this kills any bacteria! Do NOT use talc or any powder! Also the same can be done using Witch Hazel or White Vinegar! - 2tbls of either in a squirt bottle filled with cold or luke warm water! This ALL will counter balance the ammonia in your urine - which will be burning your urethra!

I definitely want you to get checked by a doctor though, it could be a yeast infection or any number of things! So choosing the wrong oil could make things a LOT worse! OK? Please let me know how you make out and good luck and health!

Hey ladies, and a couple gents. I have suffered from pain in my urethera since I was 3 years old. It has been completly debilitating when it flares up. I had 2 uretheral dilations when I was 5 and 7, they helped but the problem would come back too fast to justify continuing with dilations for my whole life. I discovered tea tree oil after scouring the internet for ANYTHING that could help. the only thing i had found up til then was smoking pot. I had to take it with me everywhere just incase it flaried up when i was at work or in the car or at a club. I hated having to travle with weed, it was just hard to mentally know i could be in trouble with the law if I was stopped and searched for any reason. Tea tree oil has SAVED MY LIFE and given me freedom like I could never dream was possible... and so simple! I know it is used (as is Clove oil) to make tooth pain more tolerable. I work with essential oils as a Massage Therapist so I have always had it in my office. I use coconut oil as a carrier oil. I also put a couple drops of clove oil in the mix as well. My recipe is something like this: 10 parts coconut oil 3 parts tea tree oil .5 parts clove oil Mix in a dark brown dropper bottle that is glass for propper storage. When I apply the oil to my urethera when I am having pain the pain can go from a 8 on the pain scale down to a 0. I cried the first time I experienced it. I was so relieved and greatful to have found something to take the pain away. I carry it with me at all times now. I leave the pipe at home, finally! I know some people think it is harmful to use teatree oil but to me it seems a much safer option to valium, pain killers, lidocane creams and any other drug or antibiotic a doctor may prescribe. DONT USE STRAIGHT TEA TREE OIL!! That would definetly hurt. Coconut oil is a natural anti inflamitory and should help with the urethera pain too. If anyone tries this and has success as well please post about it. I got my life back and hope that it helps you too! ** I posted this same response in a different topic thread, this is not a dirrect response to the posts above me, but it does go with the topic**

Melaluca is a natural antibiotic, antiviral, anti fungal, anti everything. N Payne do your own research rather than rely on others as other's may or may not be well informed about essential oils and the healing properties they carry especially people who are very much into modern traditional medicine. Good luck!

teatreeoil is not estrogen its bad science