is it normal for semen to smell so bad...my hubby drinks a lot and was wondering is beer can cause this smell??

Hey , I have the same problem with my guy, I am from St. Louis, good question.

This is a St. Louis problem. For years now men from there... just kidding.

Semen should smell like bleach (and happiness) however it can smell fishy if he is taking a lot of vitamin supplements.

well a man I was dating was a is a heavy drinker and few times he quit a short while and noticed a big diff in his smell and I believe has to do with the drinking also sure with either male or female what ever you put in your body may have effects on the way you smell also way your privates are concern also mabe I'm clueless but ive had 3 hubbys and 1st was a drinker daily and then as a few yrs later I learned of drugs he was on I ewas niave and not a clue of drugs or what they did at my age of 17 was dumb but rather go back to dumb, anyways played a big part of us divorcing with after a child yrs later and drinking drugs changed our sex life and enjoyment on my part I recall

3 ex husbands 2 of which heavy drinkers and drugs and add a almost 5 yr ex boy friend to list of few months back and I can honest say drinking has a lot to do with smell of a man and also those exs t2 of em drugs and talk about smelly funky with them drinking and on meth pill other one crack I finally connected to them and their smell when I knew what and when they drink or used or did all amd turned me off and made me smell really bad durning sex thought was I alone and then started making him pull out and noticed I wasn't smelly after all that was him yes I have a smell we all have out own smell that causes us to attrack to eachother but tell u that last ex boy friend of 41/2 years took the rotten out of rot inserterted it in to his seman I believe.. it honest had gotten that bad and truly wouldn't let him have orgasma in me or if so rain coat over smelly welly bc it telly all u was smelly.. just eat right wash and wear clean clothes and me I say easy on booze it makes ya smell prob girls to and drugs and booze two poisions u know that has to come out some where and odor from cum insert to virginal then smelly both male female but girls have it longer not simple as for f as a man to wash go we carry for a bit so girls safely I say makem wear rain coat on that junkman stay fresh always,, lol,, my monto from now on if I stay single at least no smelly to worry of if a smell I know from working out or infection simple