I'm a 20 year old girl and I have a really weird question. If I touch my nipples for any reason I feel really uneasy in my stomach. Its only when I touch my own nipples though, when my boyfriend does (in general or in the bedroom) I'm perfectly fine, I even enjoy it. Just wondering if this means there's something wrong? Or if anyone else has this problem

I have this problem... even when ever I take my bra off and just expose them to air, the slightest bit of breeze on my nipple suddenly makes me feel really ashamed, angry and very unhappy. I have no recollection of being molested as a child, then again, apparently it's possible to forget events that we dont want to remember... It's a mystery and I long to solve it. I even feel uneasy with my boyfriend touching them sometimes... thats the worse thing..

i have to same problem. I used to love having my bf touch them.Now it makes me feel sick, sad and brings up anxiety issues.think its something to do with a chemical release when they are touched? (Oxytocin?)it sucks that there is not more information on it, or prevention, treatment etc. I would love for it to feel good again. Its really sad for both my BF and myself. Maybe if we take a break from it and try again later on... i dunno.

This is not only experienced by females. I am a male and I have always had the same odd, anxious sensation deep in the pit of my stomach. It is almost as if my stomach is having a mini anxiety attack. It also contains a feeling of revulsion. I always wondered if women experienced the same thing. Finally, I decided to look it up during a period of boredom. That led me here. Perhaps it is just heightened sensitivity? I don't know, but I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who experiences this sensation.

I have experienced this for years also. And now that I am pregnant I have been researching it more as I am so nervous it will happen during breastfeeding - turns out there is a thing called D-MER (dysphoric milk ejection reflex). I am wondering if maybe what we are experiencing is somehow related to this?

Same! I’m a teenager and decided to Google it, turns out I’m not alone :0 ugh this is really strange and annoying I always feel depressed n have the feeling something is not right when I touch them

I have the same problem! And it's only when I touch them myself , I'm glad I'm not the only one expierencing this but it makes me wonder the reason behind the nascious feeling

Phew! Good to know that I’m not some type of weirdo!! I also have the same feeling. So odd, I feel incredibly depressed for a good 5-10 minutes after I rub my own nipple.

This is definitely related to D-MER. from what I've researched after having it while breastfeeding, more intensely, i had it before too, is its like a rubber band effect of chemicals in your brain. Stimulating nipples causes a quick drop in one hormone and a rise in other, its an incorrect response. Mine was all the depression and homesick lonely feelings then when i had my son, the milk would let down when he wasnt around and i would be at dinner wanting to hide under the table because it felt like the end of the world. Its bizarre.

This is the weirdest thing ever! I just happened to be bored enough to be sitting here rubbing my nipples to only once again feel this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, & then proceeded to google “rubbing my nipples makes me nauseous” (which I didn’t even have to finish typing because the search popped right up). I honestly thought I was just weird but the fact that this is really a thing is NUTS!! im a guy by the way and I experience this all the time. I naturally have anxiety as it is, but gently rubbing the tip of my nipples sets on a crazy small and aggressive anxiety attack almost instantly. glad I found a group of people who can relate cause I know even mentioning this to my friends, they would totally not understand lmao

Yeah rubbing my nipples feel crazy but i love it though I'm a guy too but i feels the same as you all guys do maybe this is naturally occurring phenomena

I absolutely have the same problem some times if they much I'll scratch them and almost instantly my stomach is in nots I have anxiety and i feel like im about to faint. I can touch any part of my Brest and it's fine or my boyfriend can do what ever he wants to my nipples and its actually enjoyable but I'll touch them and I want to puke

Can't honestly believe so many people also experience this, I have had this for years (as long as I can remember) and have never met anyone else. It's such a horrible feeling, and it's all consuming, sickness, anxiety, shame, everything feels wrong, all from one small touch. I just itched a scratch directly on my nipple and had it, feeling sick of feeling like this I googled it and it has given me a small sense of relief to know that I am not alone xx

you’re not alone. i can 100 percent relate

Hi.... Im new to this conversationand have been dealing with it since i can remember (in 33)I dont even think i can rest comfortably until I find a reason for it.