I am having the most embarrassing problems ever. It is true that I practice anal sex with my boyfriend but somehow I don’t think there is a connection between anal sex and the problems I am having. I am experiencing abdominal and rectal pain and after bowel movements, I often find mucus in my stool. How worried should I be? Should I go and have myself examined?

Three months ago I had similar symptoms and I haven’t had anal sex. I had mucus in the stool and I experienced abdominal pain and the worst of all my symptoms were the gasses. Talk about embarrassment! I knew something was wrong when I started suffering from diarrhea for more than 3 days and then I searched for doctor’s help. I was diagnosed with IBS. Because treatment is tricky just like the disease itself, I would suggest you visited a doctor to determine what your problem is and find a strategy to fight the disease.