I am a 23 year old and while I was urinating this morning I went for what I thought was passing gas, but I heard a splat underneath and felt some wetness in my boxers. What came out was a clear gooey/jelly/snot like consistency pile of goop, with some spots of red that looked like blood, with no odor at all. This really freaked me out. I don't have any other problems such as pain or cramps or anything, and this is the first time that it's ever happened.

If it helps in aiding with a diagnosis, I was on my feet for most of the day in very warm/humid weather yesterday which left me somewhat sweaty in the butt area and gave me pretty tired/sore feet at the end of the day, and for dinner I had some bbq with a small dish of very short thin slices of raw beef. I also had some cooked pork, but I did not see if it was fully cooked or not...I just kind of assumed (I'm a terrible cook, but it looked ok to me..no overly pink spots in the pork or anything). I really hope I didn't get a worm or something.

So yea I'm online looking for what this is but could not come with anything similar to mine except for the original poster of this message. I just had the anal discharge with bits of blood-like red, and no other symptoms about 30 minutes or so ago. Nothing hurts or feels out of place, and I have never had any sexual relations except through masturbation. I was feeling fine all last night and today up to when it happened.

I'm planning for some strenuous activity today which will lead into tomorrow (many many hours of mountain hiking). I would go to the doctor's place but I am currently out of the country for another 5 days.

Any ideas? I'm afraid to relax my anus now.
I'll report if it happens again...

well I just went to sit on the toilet to pass some gas, and just a tiny bit came out again, but I think this was just probably remnants from the first case that didn't make it out.

If it is relevant at all, the meats I had last night were pretty fatty...

Have you discovered what this is, as I've had the same problem almost every day for the past 2 months or so? It happens almost everytime I go to the toilet. I've not seen a doctor about it as it's embarassing!

I have been experiencing for the past 3 weeks mucus and blood clots from my rectum on a daily basis. I haven't gone to see my Dr. yet, but plan to. Everytime I sit on the toilet blood comes out until I stop pushing like a heavy menstral period. 3 weeks ago i had a colonoscopy done and i haven't heard back from the dr. i'm assuming everything is fine but i should call i might have colon cancer. this is scary, i just had a bm 1 hr ago and i saw no blood, but this comes and goes...anyone else have the same problem? let's talk

Have anybody discovered what this is?? I am having the same problem, always in the morning.

I had it as well, After looking all over the internet I think I've come to the conclusion it is IBS. Look it up, hope it helps. o.O

I never found out what it was...it seemed to be a one time occurrence. Ever since then, however, I've noticed that my farts feel like they're going to come out with something extra, or that it has a hard time coming out. I'm always cautious to see whether something really did come out like last time, but it seems I've been safe so far.

Perhaps you should abstain from eating raw meats and/or anal sex.

I have been diagnosed with IBS myself and that IS one of the major sign is mucousy bowels with occasional blood present. I do not have blood in it very often though (maybe once or twice a year). That may be a sign of something more serious. IBS also brings on bad bad abdominal cramping, constipation and/or diarrhea. If you do not have any of these other symptoms then I do not believe it is IBS.

To the guy who saw it on his girl - you're a dog, because I bet you didn't say a word so you could keep at it with her.

For everyone else - I've noticed that if I have a really bad cold, Ill swallow alot of mucos - sound gross but who hasn't? Well your biody doesn't digest it and it has to come out some where.

I believe the body produces mucous in the intestines already to aid the passage of stools....

The blood - I just ignore it - I don't want to know. Seriously - try eating alot of spicy food - I mean real hot - don't spare the Franks Hot Sauce and see if it aggravates it / causes more blood to appear. It's possible the food you eat will irritate yor innards

JR

ME AND MY BF A FEW WEEKS AGO HAD ANAL SEX FOR THE FIRST TIME AND DURING THE PROCESS IT DID NOT HURT BUT AFTERWARDS AS I WENT TO USE THE BATHROOM THATS WHEN I DISCOVERED A GOOEY CLOT THAT WAS SOMEWHAT CLEAR, LOOKED LIKE SNOT, AND HAD BLOOD IN IT THAT CAME FROM MY BUTT.

I WAS HISTARICAL AND SO SCARED I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS OR IF ITS DANGEROUS BUT ID LOVE TO KNOW IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE TELL ME.

I HACENT SEEN A DOCTOR YET OR EVEN ASKED ONE WHAT COULD HAVE CAUSED IT BECAUSE I JUST MOVED FROM MICHIGAN DOWN TO MISSOUR.

CAN ANYBODY SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS OR WHAT ITS FROM. BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT SOMETHING WAS DAMAGED UP THERE AND I COULD BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.

It sounds like you may be suffering with ulcerative colitus if its only your bowel that is the problem if you have other digestive probs it may be chrones both very treatable today. I have suffered with colitus for over 20years most flare up were caused by stress and being over tired it's stress related go to your doctors and I'm sure they will get you sorted dont sit at home worrying that will make things worse it may be nothing but at least you'll know.

i have it too, but it only started when i started drinking excessive espresso. never thought id be a caffeine addict... but thats a symptom i suppose along with farting and indigestion. IBS runs in the line of my family with my hair colour. perhaps anything that promotes digestion at an irregular speed is not a good idea for myself or anyone else with the risk of ibs

I have had very similar problems for over 6 months. After a BM there is mucous and blood that seems to come out a little for 10 or 20 min afterward. I have had a colonoscopy and have seen 3 separate doctors about this. Because it only seems to happen after a BM it almost seems as if they think im making it all up when I go in. The gastroenterologist I saw said it was not Chrons or UC.

If anyone gets anywhere with this PLEASE post here!

I posted my problem awhile back with no answers. I take a lot ot pain pills so I have to work hard to stay regular. I find an opaque/off white jelly when I sh*t. Its actually in the anus and comes out the the lumps and bumps of the stool. Sometimes there is as much as a teaspoon. It almost looks like fat or crisco. Its not slimy and has no smell. I had been told on another site that it might be mucus produced by the intestine to protect it from a har stool.
Im used to it now. Since my dr thought it was a mucus he wasnt worried enough to see a sample so Ive calmesd down