My 8 year old daugher has several times passed blood when having a bowel movemente. The blood is not in the stool it is just there. On wiping it is on the tissue also, lots of it. It only happens every month or so and she will have severe sweats while trying to go to the bathroom, yet stool is loose and she says it feels like something is sticking her. She also has cramps during this process. She typically has a lot of gas at anytime. Pediatrician has performed blood work to make sure it is not a parasite, checked for hemorrhoids and now doesn't have a clue. Past day she passed quite a buit of blood with BM on Saturday and now on Sunday has not had any blood but had 3 BM's that were very loose, (not diarrhea though). I am extremely concerned and am afraid my pediatrician is at a loss. I don't want to put her through any unnecessary procedures but am very frightened by what is going on with her. As an infant would stay constipated quit a bit and pediatrician had her on maltsupex. I quickly learned that she had to have a bowel movement if not everyday, everyother day or she would get a headache, chills, just not feel good. Now she does have a BM everyday but occasionally has blood in teh stool. (sometimes not for a couple of months then other times it may be twice in a month). Please Help!!!!!

My Daughter,11 years old, used to always be constipated when she was around the age your daughter is and Like your doing , I kept her regular by making her sit on the toilet every day until she did a poo. At that age she not only would she bleed when passing a poo but quite often would bleed just from straining especially if she had to do this for any length of time. As she got older the times she bleeds got fewer as her system got used to how much she had to strain to do a poo. She only bleeds now when she has to strain harder or for longer than usual or when she is more constipated that usual.