Hey guys.

As you already know, I am diagnosed with anxiety for a couple of years now, and thanks God I never had any odd things with this. But in the last couple of days I have noticed that I have blue finger tips.

First I believed that this is because of the cold water, silly me, right? I was researching a little bit about this and I haven't found a lot of useful information indeed. But I found one where it says that anxiety and panic attacks generally can cause blue finger tips?

Is this really the case? What to do? 

I have a friend who is suffering from depression and he always has blue finger tips, he told me that this is caused by his depression. I don't know, I know that anxiety and panic attacks are kind of tied to depression so I guess that these things could also be the cause of blue finger tips. If this is really the case, there is nothing that you can do, it will just come and go and it will do you no harm. This is the main part, this is not dangerous at all so you don't really have to care about it.

Hey there Hannah. Sure, your doctor is totally right about this. Definitely, finger tips are one of the symptoms that are associated with anxiety. Anxiety is generally very strange condition. Cold hands are also a sign of anxiety. 

It happened to me a couple of times, but it was nothing very serious. I was not worried. My doctor told me that this can happen to me so I was kind of prepared. I don't know how, but in my case this just has disappeared and it never came back.

Generally, a lot of people told me that they have this symptom. 

So, that is it!

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Sure, I was really scared when I saw this and at the beginning I didn't gave it too much attention, like I told you.

But this didn't seem to go away so I go really scared. Now, when I realized that this can be cause with anxiety or panic attack it is much easier for me to handle it.

Silly but true. 

Anyway, is there any way to change this? To do something alone, at my home that can make those blue finger tips disappear?

Any kind of help...

I really don't know what could you do about it. I don't really think that you are able to fix this, I think it might have to go away on its own, you know. Do you maybe have some sort of a cream or I don't know what, something that could cover this?

At least you now know that this is not dangerous and that it is just a symptom of anxiety or panic attacks, so it doesn't really matter that there might not be a way to get rid of these things on your own, am I not right about this?

Yeah, I see that all the time at work. The place where I work is the most stressful place you will ever see and I often see people with blue finger tips, I realized it has to be caused by all of this stress. It happened to me once but it disappeared the next day. Well, this is just what I think, I assumed that their blue finger tips are caused by stress and anxiety, I asked two people about it and they didn't know why are their finger tips blue, then I stopped asking because I realized nobody will know or they simply won't want to talk about it.

People who know that their finger tips are turning blue because of their anxiety or panic attacks are usually hiding it from everybody, at least that is what my mom did. She tried her best for me and my brother to not notice that she was struggling with anxiety, she was the best mom that we could have ever asked for. I used to see her blue finger tips while she was sleeping. I didn't know what it was back then, I only learned about it when I got a little older, I feel bad for not knowing these things earlier...

Sure it can. I was convinced in this theory as well.

Skin color usually changes because of the anxiety. How big your problem is depends on the type of your skin - is it lighter or darker skin. Anyway, massive skin discolorations are rare, and occasionally they can happen to everyone. There are a huge confections with stress and anxiety and that is why it definitely should not be left untreated. Our skin is extremely sensitive to stress and that is the main reason why you have those blue finger tips.

I am glad that you have noticed your problem and that you are ready to face with it, because like Nina said, some people are trying to hide if from everyone. They are feeling embarrassed and that should not be in your case. 

Having anxiety makes me think that sometimes you can't control what you do or what you think. And for all of those things your brain is responsible. So, that is it if you ask me. Anxiety can damage your brain and sometimes we are not aware of this fact at all. I think that this is a fight against fight response. That is why people needs to be prepared that their brain is going to become "weird". Unfortunately,a lot of people that I do know and who suffer with anxiety either do nothing or resort to pharmaceutical drugs. Sometimes taking a drugs is really necessary.