Hi everyone,

My name is Joshua, I live in the UK and my girlfriend is having these panic attacks in the early morning. She told me about this recently because she can't handle it on her own anymore, she gets too frightened. 

She has no idea what could be causing these panic attacks. I told her that if she knows, how could anyone else know about it, right? Well, it didn't change anything, she still says that she doesn't know what the cause is, all she knows is that she gets a panic attack and that she starts to freak out. Please help.

Hi Guest,

Your girlfriend is often anxious, am I right? She has probably been diagnosed with anxiety or maybe she didn't even go to see her doctor, but she knows that something is wrong.

Anyway, morning anxiety and panic attacks are the worst of them all. 

Often the causes of anxiety are too complex to guess. Anxiety is something that's forged over decades of experiences, genetics, and life choices. There are so many factors to what leads to anxiety that it may be impossible to ever figure out exactly what led to your anxiety symptoms. But in general, morning anxiety is actually a bit easier to understand, because it's not necessarily its own type of anxiety.

Morning anxieties are the worst of them all. I have them sometimes, I'm not an anxious person really but when I get anxious, my whole day tends to be bad. I never really had any panic attacks but I've heard that they happen to be pretty much connected to anxiety when it comes to morning anxiety and morning panic attacks. 

I don't really know what the cause of my morning anxiety is. I just get up feeling all mad at the entire world and myself and this awful feeling goes on during the whole day tending to spoil mine and other people's day.

Have you talked to anyone else about this, Guest? It would be wise to talk to someone who is dealing with this now or even better, to talk to someone who was dealing with this in the past and he or she got over it. Even better than that, if you find someone like that, your girlfriend should talk to that person because she can explain how exactly does she feel, when does it occur, how does it occur, and stuff like that, it is very important for her to be precise. Then she might get an answer on how to deal with it.

Good day good people. My friend, very good friend had this problem. We were roommates for almost a three years and she had those panic attacks as well. But those were extremely serious attacks that we literally didn't know what to do. So I advised her to visit her doctor and to see what she is dealing with exactly. The doctor told her that she is really scared of going to work and that this is the main problem in her case. And really, that was so true - she hated to go to the job because it was new job to her. That was her problem, but I am sure that there are so many other problems as well.

Good day people. Thanks God that I have found this topic. I have problem with my roommate as well. As soon as she opens her eyes she is having those abnormal panic attacks. Sometimes she wakes up in 3 am and she starts to scream, like having the worst nightmares. I am trying to help her, but I can't because she won't let me. I don't know what to do with her, but I know that she doesn't want to see her doctor. What she can deal with? What are the possible causes of those really bad panic attacks in the morning? I really want to help her, but...

Good day. Yes, she is obviously having some problem and she doesn't want to share this problem with someone. I don't know how good you are with her, but you should advice her like her friend that she needs to see someone who is an expert because this can be even worse. I am not sure what could be the problem in her case, but to deal with those morning attacks she needs to understand them first. She is fighting with something, and I don't know is she dealing with family problems or college problems.

Hello there. Thank you for such a quick answer. Yes, she mentioned me that she is having some family problems, but she never wanted to tell me what those problems are about. I didn't want to force her to tell me because I don't want to hurt her even more. A couple of months ago she had those attacks as soon as she hears the alarm clock. Now, she is having them more often. I read somewhere that those attacks could be caused by low blood sugar, so I will try to give her some chocolate as soon as she woke up. I will try to help her. Thank you so much.