Help. About 5 yrs ago i developed very bad acid reflux. Lately I have also had severe gas and bloating after mostly the evening meal. My stomach does not settle down until after 2:00 am and that's if I eat at 5:00pm. I have been on prilosec, protonix, nexium and all the other pills. I have also tried herbal remedies and so far have found nothing to get this under control. I should mention that the acid reflux came on after giving up drinking heavily for a long period of time. I don't seem to have it when I am out drinking socially on occasion now. I am at my wits end as I don't get any sleep. I also have ms, could it be related to that?

My boyfriend and I went to see this medicine man and we both had incredible skepticism and a sense of humor about it. My boyfriend has suffered from acid reflux disease since he was a young teen. Throwing up 5 out of 7 mornings of the week. The doctors loaded him up on all those prescription drugs for it that have a huge warning on them "DO NOT TAKE FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS" and he had taken them for 10 years. The Ayurveda medicine man told him to take 1 oz. aloe vera gel 3 times a day before each meal and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder with H2O. After 2 days of taking this, he has completely been relieved. His new quality of life is priceless. But everyone is different so i would suggest finding your own Ayurveda medicine man so he can tell you the dosages. The best aloe vera for my boyfriend was from the puritan pride website.

Ginger has a great effect on relaxing the stomach but out of curiosity how did you find this ayurvedic guy? I would like to hear how you met him.

well... my fathers girlfriend was having severe back pain and the doctors were wanting to do a very serious surgery on her and she wanted to explore her options before doing something like that. she is also somewhat of a hippie, and she found this guy, gerald pollack out of nashville tn., an Ayurveda practitioner. now all of our family and friends see him and its just amazing. in order for this type of medicine to work you have to be inclined to somewhat of a lifestyle change though because its all about the foods you intake and how. but we are all healthy without prescription meds or surgeries.

That's awesome. I am nowhere near Nashville so I won't benefit from it but I'm glad that you found someone nearby. I'm sure I can do a google search and find something. Thanks for all the info.

Guest wrote:Did the remedy help you out? I have sever bloating as well from all the acid meds I have been on for years now.  Very curious for any relief.

Hi rubru214. Which aloe Vera gel does your boyfriend use from the Puritan website? I'm experiencing acid reflux with really bad bloating and constipation. I've been doing research to find something natural that could help me. The bloating is so bad that my chest and stomach feels really full and I get dizzy and short of breath.