Hi everyone I am 47 and for over 15 years(since the birth of my 2nd child) especially during spring and near Xmas I get reflux,  I had a gastrophy(excuse spelling)and was told the flap to seal off tummy was deformed at birth and put on Pariet(tried Nexium and it made it worse) told to avoid caffiene and raise my bedhead.I am slim build, never smoked drank and dont even drink caffeine products or fizzy drinks and pretty healthy eater so basicaly he feels apart from deformity it is stress related.I feel its also got something to do with my allergies at springtime.

For 2months on and off taken the Pariet and for the past 2 weeks taken it daily but some days it does nothing to help so after reading about this apple cider vinegar(ACV) and desperate to try anything I went yesterday and got some from a health store.At home I wasnt sure of how much or the mix as the lady only said take it before each meal So with my acid burning up from my tummy to throat I mixed 2 teaspoons with a tiny dash of water and a drop of honey and got a straw and swigged it back.Within seconds the burning stopped and I was seriously amazed, but my tongue and mouth was burning and felt rough.Again later that night before dinner I took the mix this time adding a bit more water.

I also am taking 40mls of pure aloe vera juice when I first get up in the morning which I think is more ghastly then the vinegar.And I take a probiotic everyday as well as vitB comples,evening primrose,VitD,and a potassium/magnesium tablet.I drink cammomile tea, decaf tea and decaf green tea and on occassion make an aniseed tea. So I am doing all I can to be healthy.

Today I woke and my throat and tongue feels horrible like its burnt or something. Any better suggestions on how much and what mix to take of this ACV and should I be putting bicarb soda in it or no? wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the acid levels being bicarb is acid neutralizer? Wondering should I rinse my mouth and gargle after I drink it or just drink water and wash my mouth out?I am hoping this works as I really am not keen to go the doctor and possibly have to have another gastroscope thing done and be told the same thing as the past 2 scopes.

Every body reacts differently.I in fact can swig ACV right out of the bottle, with a little bit of water as a chaser.

I recommend drinking a full glass of  spring or distilled water with the ACV,use organic honey only,and that should do the trick.

I suffered from acid reflux so much as well, tried alot of remedies including ginger, nexium etc, wth no satisfactory relief untill ACV. I mix 1 tsp in a glass of water before meals. The first time I drank the solution imediately after buying the vinegar and got immediate relief, much better tham anything I tried before.
I think try to find what work best for you.