I have gone to many doctors and have found no answers for my spasms and cramps in my fingers, toes, shins, ankles and calves.  It may be one leg at a time or both.  It can begin in my right hand and also my left hand.  My fingers become rigid and contorted which is very painful.  My toes do the same things.  Sometime two will be bent up and three will be bent under.  They last for hours and sometimes all night.  If I make the slightest movement it will start.  My legs or feet usually start in the early evening when I am watching TV.  I do not lack potassium.  Sometime the pain and cramping will travel up to my groin.  I hope someone else can give me some advice.

Try drinking tonic water at night before you go to bed.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If it does happen I hop immediately into a bath tub of the hottest water I can stand that gets rid of them quicker than trying to walk it out.

You may have a disorder called Dystonia. It took many years to get my diagnosis because it is not a well know disorder amongst doctors. Go see a neurologist for neuromuscular disorders

You are telling my story,I have been going through this for years and is getting worse if you can imagine, I have been to many different Drs, it is horrible!