Last January my wife became dizzy while shopping and passed out. She woke up a few minutes later with a severe headache. We took her to the ER. She continued to pass out and wake with the severe headache while in the hospital. After 26 days in the hospital that included MRIs, EEGs, spinal taps, various cardiac tests, migraine workups, blood tests, etc. she was sent home on numerous psychiatric meications and told "good luck". Within a week of leaving the hospital he started having the pseudoseizures. These and the syncope were constant (avg 1 per hour)for about 2 weeks. They would stop at night when she slept. We stopped taking the psychiatric meds and she seemed to do better, although the headaches still came every few days. She went about 6 weeks with one or two episodes of syncope, then the syncope and pseudoseizures started again. The usually stay anywhere from one episode to several over the span of a few days. Then they disappear for a few days to a few weeks. She has been taking Lexapro and Topomax for about 6 months now. They seem to have helped compared to all the mess (meds and episodes) she went thru just after leaving the hospital, but we can't seem to beat or find what is causing her problems. In the past 2-3 months it seems they come a little more often, maybe once a week. During that time her sleep has diminished. One average she gets 2-3 hours of sleep each night, but it is in spurts and not all at once. Before this all started a year ago she had never had these headaches or episodes. We have seen many doctors, but none have given her a cause or cure for her problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

have you taken her to get a cat scan or whatever its called when they look at a person's head cause, not to scare you or anything, but tumors are notorious for giving its victims weird syptoms especially in certain places....check to see if she desn't have something in her head, like a tumor or something...

My husband is having the same symptoms as worried husbands wife. He is now in the hospital and still passing out everytime he stands up. They have done numerous CT scans, MRI's blood work, tilt table test and everything comes back normal. His pulse to me is low...stays around mid 40's lying down. The cardiologist doesnt think thats the reason, but can offer no diagnosis. They put him on depacot, cloneazepam, and loratab for the migrane, but will not give him anymore loratab if he has another episode...only tylenol which doesnt relieve it. I had one doctor tell me he thought it was psychiatric...excuse me? Psychiatric? Thats total BS. I'm so frustrated dealing with doctors who think they are Gods.

hey your symptoms would not include: Little tiny red dots on your upper arms and legs, sunken cheeks, neck stiffness and fatigued would they?

for msbells40 - My husband is also experiencing constant headaches and dizziness - we have seen a cardiologist, neurologist, neurosurgeon, vascular surgeon - his pulse rate ranges in the 50's which I too think is low - after every blood test, 2 MRS's (head), 1 MRI (neck) catscans (going today today for 2 more of the abdomen and chest - x-rays, echocardiagram - carotids checked - neurosurgeon put him on prednisone - which isn't having any effect after 2 weeks - trying hydrocodone for the headache (gave him depakote also but he isn't taking that yet - seems like too much medicine - doctors are trying to see too many patients and when you go they have to look over the charts to remind themselves what is going on - I have also had it with doctors.....I will be interested if you get any results from anywhere else - after the catscans today I am going to look into a headache clinic - there is one in Chicago that is supposed to be one of the best.

My wife has been having almost the saame symptoms since 2008. We have got nowhere with all the doctors and neurologists.
She usually has a severe migraine on the top right side of her head whichever then leads her to pass out.
After a little while she will have seizure like episodes as the neurologist refers to them as. Cardiologist have been called in
and found nothing as well. These average once or twice a week, each week. The only thing we have been able to do is
go so our family doctor each time she gets one of these and he will give her a stadol and phenegren shot
try and kill the pain. It usually works until the next few days pass then its right back to square one. We are at our wits end.
we don't know what else to do. The seizure episodes and migraines always accompany each other. She never
has one without the other. We have a six year old and sad to say, he barely knows his mother because she is always
sick and laying in bed. In two years she has had 6 MRIs, 27 CAT scans and numerous blood test and full workuos. No one can find anything.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, and vaccines shortly before the problems started?

None. The thing is, she's suffered from migraines for about 10+ years and would pass out. But on June 12, 2008 is when she had the first seizure.

Our daughter recently started experiencing many similar symptoms, including unexplained pseudoseizures that don't seem to be psychological. We are currently investigating whether or not this might have been a side effect of a vaccine. More specifically, the possibility of aluminum poisoning as a result of that. Have you investigated the possibility of heavy metal toxicity? In our research, we found that it can cause the types of mysterious symptoms that you list.

I am 22 years old and I have been getting migraines since I was very young in age. A year ago when I was a senior in college is when I first start to notice migraines began to be unbearable. I began to get dizzy and then my faints came along. I have been rushed to the hospital a couple of times and I also got the MRI's, cat scans and spinal taps. I was told that I was leaking blood from my brain and was given an epidural blood patch. After that I passed out again weeks later which was at my college graduation. My migraines are now back to its secere stage and I dont know whats wrong with me. I cant sleep at night, I'm always awake and my bod is so weak. I"m so sick of taking tylenol andAdvil because its starting to seem like my body is immune to those meds. I hate that I'm not sleeping I get maybe 2 hours 3 if its a good day of sleep and thats not until about 6am. I feel so alone because I dont know whats wrong with me. NObody can help me and passing out takes alot of energy. I was told when I was in college that its stress, I was told that I may be depressed... Noone can help me.. I'M LOST!!! to make maters even worse I dont have medical insurance so now I'm afraid to go to the ER. feel like I'm at the end, it's hard to talk to people because I'm always saying the same thing.."oh my head hurts... I'm dizzy.. somethings wrong with me" I feel like people maybe getting tired of me. I'm soooo weak and I'm tired of crying to myself, I'm tired of hurting. I NEED HELP!

my sister inlaw is going through all the same issues. she is only twenty nine, she was in one hospital and i felt they did not have the tech. or med. staff that she neede so my brother and i had to fight the hospital to transfer her to another hospital that may have more luck helping her. they did all the same test and came up with nothing all normal. they diagonsed her with pseudoseizures. but they stated that they have never really delt with anything like that before so now im thinking i need to have her transfered to a brain and spine doctor that came highly recommended to me...dr. zideman. but its her call to make but im hoping that she will decide to transfer their. she can not take many more of these siezures and pain that she is living with. she has a loving man and four small children to get back to so if anyone knows anything else about this please let me know.

good luck, my son has the same problem and we are getting no help. He is currently in the hospital and can not even walk, he seizes 4-6 times a day and the Drs are scratching their heads.

My daughter has just experienced this.  Check up on Conversion Disorder!!  Even though you may think they are in a good place in their life, maybe some type of tragedy has happened to them..you never know!!  What may not be a "tragedy" for us, just may be a tragedy to them.  Seeking Psychiatric help in the form of counseling is definately worth a try.  So, for your loved ones sake, please dont be closed minded when hearing that...It DOES NOT mean you have a nut job on your hands..We are ALL stressed over different things and could ALL use the help of a counselor or meditation from time to time. 

My daughter is having the headaches and fainting spells.  We just got out of ICU for 5 days and they couldnt find anything until I transferred her hospitals to a well known epileptic hospital where they connected her to a "Continuous EEG".  Once people with psuedoseizures and conversion disorder seem to get their "diagnosis", they tend to get better!!  This is a real and rare condition, they are really experiencing these pains...Please look in to it

iam going threw the same thing with my husband right now and they cant find a single thng wrong all the test they have done so far has shown nothing iam so mad at all the docs that have seen him they keep telling me that it s a withdraw he is going threw but he s not taking nothinging to cause withdraws iam just upset that they cant even find one thing wrong

Since this post, have you found out anything about these symptoms, my wife started having the same problems, migraines, pseudoseizures, passing out, dizziness, over a year ago and now they have started again, doctors can't explain the cause.