I have read quite a few blogs on here in relation to my problem but there does not seem to be a solid cure for this. The tops of my hands and wrist itch quite frequently also my feet around my ankles and my toes sometimes underneath the foot. This is worse at noght time and specially when I get hot. I have to take an allergy tablet every day to try and control it sometime 2. Seen a skin specialist who done the patch test for allergies and came up with altopic dermatitus (spelling not checked). This is now interfearing with my sleep at night sometimes it so bad I feel like scaling my hands and feet to take the itching away. I also have to sleep with the fan on me at night.

Anybody out there could suggest a remedy to this. I would be grateful.

Prettypolly :

PrettyPolly,

What you are describing is indeed an allergic reaction and I bet if you had a blood test you would see the esinophils elevated under white blood cells. I also suspect you have elevated histamines in your blood as well.

Can you tell me more about when the condition started? What you were doing at the time or what might have triggered it?

In cases like this it is the body that is over-stimulated and instead of turning off the process it is locked in an on position. So something is stimulating the allergic response and your body is unable to turn it off.

The allergy pills are helping because of the antihistamine properties found within. But you are going to need something more to stop the body from pumping out all of this histamine.

If you can give me additional information I might be able to help you.

In health and wellness,

Dr. Linda Mundorff, MPH, MSN, ND, RN, CNC, CTN
Registered nurse and board certified traditional naturopath

I have itching hands and feet one day at work it was so bad I had to leave go to the er and take allergy meds for days in large doses.

I am not sure what triggered this off nearly 10 years now and still no change.

Many thanks Dr Linda,

Cannot put my thoughts how this first started, I suffered with itchyness at the back of my head before and had to take steriod lotion, this went away and then the hands and fet started. I get very hot at night and can start the itchyness. I am also not a good sleeper at all. Any avice would help.
Thanks

I have had itchy feet for 4 years. Noone can solve my problem. Wakes me up at night. Sometimes happens before i go to bed. Anyway, i have given up on thinking it may be an allergy, etc. and think it may be anxiety or mind-related. I found this interesting article when searching the net. I have tried it for 3 days now and it seems to be working.... Read this about self hypnosis type stuff....
http://grossbart.com/SkinDeep.pdf
Hope it helps. - Lori