I've been suffering from sexual performance anxiety for quite some time. The reason the problem occurred was because I had some problems with impotence in the past. I went to see a doctor and he said there were no physical problems and that it is in my mind and that I might talk to a psychologist about it. Then I watched a show about hypnosis and was wondering if I could benefit from this practice. Thanks for any input

My boyfriend had the same problems when we met. We dated for 6 months since we first had sex. This was weird to me, so in the end I made him tell me about his anxiety problem. He also had no physical problems, because he had no problems when masturbating. A friend recommended hypnosis. Hypnosis was used to clear the mind of bad thoughts related to sex and associate it with the appropriate feelings and state of mind. It worked after a few sessions. Its been a long term relief. I also think that talking to a psychologist would have the same effects.