Could hypnosis help me to lose weight? I am 29 and am pretty much fat I actually am fighting my overweight for years and I think there is no pill or whatever I haven't tried but without results so I have a friend that has stopped smoking through hypnosis and now I have this idea to try with hypnosis to lose weight. What do you think might it be of help?

Why not? Being fat is actually the state of your mind; you need to affect your mind of you ask me and the best way to do that could be the hypnosis. It is not like you will lose weight in few days but once you lose weight through hypnosis it would be in long run just have a little thought on what is the real reason you are fat now-I am sure that the cause is psychological so I don't think that any diet would help you to lose weight and if you do you would get fat again pretty soon. So hypnosis is a good way to lose weight just due to the fact that it first finds the right causes of you being fat and it focuses your mind on the positive affects of losing weight so you are more motivated in reaching your goal. And it is not like hypnoses is the only way to lose weight keep in mind that maybe the good behavioral approach could be the best choice I would always advice you try with the combination of hypnosis, diet and exercises and you would lose weight that's for sure.

Hi Laterna,

Hypnosis can certainly help you lose weight, at least in terms of changing your beliefs about yourself and food.

However, please don't believe the hype out there that promises you'll lose x pounds in x days. Hypnosis, like acupuncture and other alternative therapies, can only aid weight loss to a certain degree...

But YOU still have to put in the effort to eat small healthy meals and exercise regularly. If you don't put the effort in, then no, hypnosis will not help you lose weight.

Good luck!

Warmest,
Joseph