Hi, I have an appt to go for a hypnosis meeting and then they give you a tape to go home I guess you have to go back like 2 or 3 times, the man is also a professor at a college. what do you all think of this?, does anyone have any sucess with this?? please let me know before my appt in march! thanks susan

I'm a psychology student so I find this really interesing!
I've had experience with a hypnosis tape to quit smoking but I didn't go to sessions with a professional or anything. I just used a tape I ordered off Amazon called Stop Smoking Forever.
So I used the tape once everyday for like 2 weeks in (Dec 2005)and I didn't quit smoking ...I continued smoking through most of 2006 figuring the tapes obviously didn't work :-( . Then suddenly up and out of nowhere I quit smoking cold turkey without experiencing withdrawl in Dec 2006.

I have no idea if my quitting smoking was due to using the hypnosis tape for a mere 2 weeks from a year ago or if I coincidentally was ready to quit cold turkey on the close of 2006...but that is quite a coincidence.
Everytime I'd get a craving for a cigarette I'd say to myself "I'm enjoying the freedom of being a non-smoker" thinking that this was some affirmation I made up. Recently while cleaning out my desk I found my quit smoking tape and it turns out the affirmation that I thought I made up is the very thing the guy on the hypnosis tape says over and over again o.O 8) makes you think that's a bit too much of a coincidence.

I can tell you this much...it certainly wouldn't hurt to try hypnosis for weight loss. I mean food is part of socializing and sometimes we eat for the wrong reasons...like emotional eating/snacking etc which causes weight gain. We all know what to do to lose weight (Workout and go on a calorie reduced diet) BUT our mental and emotional addiction to wonderful flavors sometimes make it hard to not eat a few too many calories here and there and that can pose to be the biggest obstacle to weight loss success.
So it makes sense that food intake could be treated by tapping into your mind. ...always a good place to start making changes is in how we THINK because so much of our actions begin with our thoughts and always remember that every action you take always begins with that very first thought!

Please let us know how it works for you!!
Good luck!

thank you! very informative, I think Im gonna give it a go!, just wasnt sure if I should spend the money??.

Hey Susi ..no problem but listen I'm a little concerned about how much money these hypnosis sessions are going to cost you. Before you go spending a lot of money on professional sessions you can always try hypnosis for weight loss tapes that are sold at Amazon for less than $20.00
I just found one you might be interested in and it's also by a Ph.D so it's not like it's by some quack. This professional you are going to see is just going to send you home with a tape to listen to anyway so you might want to try this tape at Amazon first.
It's called
The Self-hypnosis Diet: Use the Power of Your Mind to Make Any Diet Work for You by Steven PH.D Gurgevich.
I personally haven't tried it but it sounds like a great way to try hypnosis for weight loss without spending hundreds and it seems to have received rave reviews by people who actually tried it and got results!
Telling you about my quit smoking through hypnosis experience makes me want to try hypnosis for weight loss!
Keep us posted please and I hope it works out great for you! 8)