My husband and I have been trying for a baby for about a year now. I track my periods, ovulation occurring in the middle, and having sex at least once a day. Unfortunately I tend to have irregular periods despite proper diet, a period happening once every three months or so. I'm obviously on no birth control. When he finishes inside me however, it seems to be the cause of my period to finally happen. Could the egg attaching to my uterine wall cause my period to happen thus flushing the fertilized egg? I'm two months late at the moment and yet a test from my doctor still says negative. We don't want to waste the time and money for fertilization treatment as his sperm count is fine and the fertilization test on females is more intrusive. I'm of small stature which my doctor says could be a factor. What else could it be. Why can't I get pregnant?

Hi guest,

I'm not trying to be smart but reread your post.  The statements contradict each other.

You say you're having sex once a day.  You also say your husband "finishing" seems to cause your period to happen.  You'd be having non-stop periods then instead of the "every three months or so."

Are you actually having periods or just bleeding?

If the egg attaching itself to the uterus is causing your period then you will have a miscarriage.  This is very unlikely to happen, more so on a regular basis.

While you may not want the fertilization tests, have you had an exam by an ob/gyn?  That may be a good place to start.